NarraScope 2024 schedule and registration info

I missed posting a couple of announcements here…

NarraScope will be at The Strong Museum of Play in Rochester, New York.

Our full schedule is posted now! The keynote speaker will be Nat Clayton, the level designer on Inkle’s A Highland Song.

Registration is open. The early registration price is only good until May 3rd; prices will go up after that. Hotel space is also likely to be tight, so really, the earlier you register the better.

And finally: we are still looking for sponsors and donors to help balance our finances. It turns out that the Strong is significantly more expensive than the University of Pittsburgh was last year. Both venue space and catering costs will be higher this year.

So if you can possibly donate, or pay extra while registration, that would be great. If not, registering at the basic price is also great! Or register for online attendance if you can’t make it to Rochester.

And if your company is narrative-game-adjacent, institutional sponsorships would be gratefully received.

That’s the news. Thanks again.

8 Likes

For online attendees will the talks be available to stream after? Either via Discord? Or going up on the YouTube channel? I ask because I’m registered, but may only catch some of it live. Different time zones don’t help :wink: Thanks :slight_smile:

The talks will go up on the youtube channel, but I don’t know how long it will take. Last year it took a couple of months to get the video out of Pitt.

2 Likes

UPDATE:

I’m afraid we are behind our fundraising targets. We may not be able to run NarraScope at the Strong if we are stuck at this financial level.

(Yes, this is the second year in a row that we’ve found ourselves in a late financial crunch. All my fault. Hybrid is hard and, like I said, this year’s costs are higher than expected.)

Please pass the word that we are looking for more individual and institutional sponsors for the best little (in-person) narrative game conference of the year.

Thanks!

6 Likes