Multi-World Transportation

So, in the game I am working on, I have an orb that will transport the player to different locations (or worlds). For context, I want for the player to be transported to a location/world and once they meet certain objectives, automatically be transported back to this orb’s location. Then, when they interact with the orb again, they will be transported to another different world/location…lather, rinse, and repeat.

How would I achieve this and would there be an extension that might could help make this easier? Thank you.

1 Like

You could do something like this:

Orb Room is a room.

The glowing orb is a fixed in place thing in Orb Room. The description is "To use the orb, try turning it." The glowing orb has a room called the Current Destination. The Current Destination of the glowing orb is the Moat.

Instead of turning the Glowing Orb:
	if the location of the player is the Current Destination of the glowing orb:
		say "You turn the orb, but nothing changes.";
	otherwise:
		say "You turn the orb and find yourself in a new place.";
		now the player is in the Current Destination of the glowing orb.

Moat is a room.

The jeweled necklace is a thing in Moat.

Mysterious Planet is a room.

The golden ring is a thing in Mysterious Planet.

Finding the Necklace is a scene. Finding the Necklace begins when play begins. Finding the Necklace ends when the player carries the jeweled necklace.

When Finding the Necklace begins:
	say "Your first task is to find the necklace."

When Finding the Necklace ends:
	say "Finding the necklace transports you back to the orb room!";
	now the player is in Orb Room;
	now the Current Destination of the glowing orb is the Mysterious Planet.

Finding the Ring is a scene. Finding the Ring begins when Finding the Necklace ends. Finding the Ring ends when the player carries the golden ring.

When Finding the Ring begins:
	say "Your second task is to find the golden ring."

[When Finding the Ring ends:
	say "Finding the ring transports you back to the orb room!";
	now the player is in Orb Room;
	now the Current Destination of the glowing orb is [whatever you want the next destination to be].]
3 Likes

Thanks a lot! So far, the overall mechanics works as-is, I just need to work on it while adding my own scenes. Otherwise, it does work.