Movie IF

I was flipping through TV channels yesterday (yes, I still watch old school TV) and wound up watching The Librarian. At least half of that movie I wished I had a keyboard in front of me to type stuff like JUMP ACROSS CAVERN or SWING ON ROPE.

Anyone else have this with action/adventure films?

4 Likes

That sounds more like Tomb Raider. I imagine The Librarian to be more like TELL PEOPLE TO SHUSH or CHARGE FINE FOR OVERDUE BOOK or LOOK UP PTERODACTYL IN CATALOGUE.

8 Likes

I do this more with novels than movies. And usually when the main character is being a dumbass. I do imagine just typing into the pages: LEAVE WORTHLESS BOYFRIEND or TELL BOSS WHERE HE CAN STICK IT or DO NOT TOUCH SCARY THING.

9 Likes

You crack me up Amanda.

4 Likes

I never saw the movie, but reading The Da Vinci code felt sort of like reading an IF puzzler walkthrough (except that I have fewer regrets when I read actual IF walkthroughs…)

6 Likes

Today I saw a program where I was willing the protagonist to SNEAK UP ON WRONG’UN and instead the protagonist chose RUN LIKE A HUNGRY ELEPHANT. (The wrong’un got away. Quelle surprise).

4 Likes

I think it might inject some realism to Die Hard style films if the viewer were in charge of the ammo:

> SHORT BURST
You fire a short burst. To no effect.
> SHORT BURST
You fire a short burst. To no effect.
> SHORT BURST
The clip is empty.
> CHANGE CLIP
I cannot see another clip here.
> HINT
Your pack is heavy. Perhaps there is something useful inside?
> SEARCH PACK
You are surrounded by Henchmen.
4 Likes