Moondrop Isle is open for visitors

Thank you for the notification!

There’s been another update thanks to helpful feedback!

Moondrop Isle doesn’t engage in an awful lot of fancy realtime shenanigans. It won’t change with the seasons or remember your birthday. But you might notice that it does keep track of the real moon phase!

4 Likes

I was just beginning to wonder about that. I noticed the moon was a crescent shape recently and I thought, wasn’t that a full moon before? But I put it down to either a bad memory on my part or an inconsistency between authors, so I mentally shoved the idea into a corner to re-examine if moon phases proved to be important later.

2 Likes

While moving from the gardens to the shore I got this error. It resets my inventory. Refreshing the page puts things back how they were but I get the error every time I try to move from the gardens to the shore. Going to the golf course first then the shore works as expected.

Firefox 127

Vorple run-time error

*** Vorple run-time error: Number
*** Error on file ‘VpJSRtrn’: tried to open a file which does not exist ***
exceeds Glulx number range ***
*** Run-time problem P48: Error handling external file.

1 Like

This is just a wild hunch, but have you tried force-refreshing? It could be a mismatch between an old cached version of one zone and a new version of the other. Maybe.

1 Like

It was getting me pretty bad last night. At one point I could even load an area from the menu without getting the errors. I had been playing off and on for many hours yesterday without ever totally closing the browser, just the tab.

I played again today and things seemed fine. I now have a new perspective.

Is this problem still happening or was it a one off thing? If it’s still happening I’d be grateful if you could email a save file to my first name at my last name dot com.

It happened to me once a few days ago and I didn’t think to copy the error. But last night it was persistent. Right after it happened I made a manual save. Sending that save now.

1 Like