Mobile IF makers

Hello! Does anyone know any interactive fiction apps for mobile on the Google or Amazon app store?

I don’t know that many. For the most part only know of a couple.

Borogove is a web app that lets you develop Inform 6, Inform 7, Dialog, and Hugo. I’ve experienced difficulty using the either the standard Google keyboard or SwiftKey (my usual keyboard) with the editor though. When I use a physical keyboard with my tablet it works just fine, however.

Fabularium is an Interpreter for Android but it also lets you create Inform 6, Glulx, and TADS 3 games. However, the editor is very bare bones and a bit difficult to work with since you can’t adjust the font size.

Sadako is a bit of a personal plug and may not be what you’re looking for, even though it fits the description. Sadako is my own engine and it creates hypertext fiction in HTML, like Ink or Twine. It’s just a couple javascript files so you can easily create games using any text editor on your phone/tablet. There’s also a method for converting your source to JSON that only needs Termux and node.js installed.

2 Likes

Ok thanks