Mike Russo's Spring Thing 2021 Reviews

Congratulations on finishing your fantastic review thread! Your reviews are thoughtful and incisive, replete with wit, grace, and an affable curiosity. I appreciated the opportunity to follow your journey through Spring Thing. Thanks so much for sharing!

5 Likes

Glad you enjoyed them – thanks for reading along, and for your very kind review of my reviews!

2 Likes

I thought the exact same thing. However, neither of us tried. Even when you can choose to abort your current life in one of the first choices.
Why not? I didn’t because it didn’t seem in good faith toward the author and the game. Also, I believe the number of popsicle-bodies runs in the thousands (?) so it would get very repetitive.

But!
I can’t believe the author hasn’t thought of this too. So… What would happen if you deplete your storage of disposable colonists?

Volunteers?

2 Likes

A great thread.

Elaborate and thoughtful reviews, some funny or hint-related asides…

I liked following you as you patiently (?) worked your way through the Spring Thing games. Congratulations on completing the journey.

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind reviews for both of my submissions. I really enjoyed watching you complete reviews for all of these games! (With so much detail too!) Your motivation is well appreciated.

4 Likes

Thank you for the review of my game, I am glad you enjoyed it in spite of the rough spots!

4 Likes

Thank you for your detailed review of Budacanta, and all the other interactive fiction in Spring Thing! You’ve given me plenty of clear ideas on how I can improve, which is one of the big reasons I signed up to Spring Thing in the first place.

ETA: I have done text fixes for some of the problems identified, as well as various other bug fixes and improvements. Some difficulties have presented themselves when submitting the bugfix (I may be too late into the Festival, in fairness), so my Plan B will be to upload as a post-competition update elsewhere. (Also, I’ve written the first 3 scenes of the next part of the visual novel’s text/logic).

5 Likes

I agree with Alianora: your detailed and constructive review also gave me lots of food for thought on game design and ideas for improving our game. Many thanks for playing Space Diner and all the other games!

3 Likes