Merry Christmas from Australia

Merry Christmas everyone! Just rolled over to Christmas on my holiday in Aus. :smiley:

Happy IF’ing.

Dang, time zones are so weird! Merry Christmas Eve from Washington, DC. :wink:

All you Inform 7 authors should remember to compile some I7 on Christmas.

I’m posting this here because it’s the above post that made me realise this.

I was taking an idle look at I7 and I found, at the foot of the Contents, underneath the bibliographical card, some “Use” statements I had no idea about and can’t find a reference to in the manual. There’s “American Dialect” and “Serial comma”, which are standard, and “undo prevention” and “predictable randomisation”, but there’s also “command line echoing” and “innefectual”. Most of them are fairly obvious, and the ones that aren’t are easily found, but these last two - does anyone know what they do?

“Use ineffectual” just came up. It can’t actually be used, it’s just there to be a default value.

“Use command line echoing” comes up on p. 452 and p. 488 of Appendix B. It appears to echo the command line buffer (if I’ve got that term right) with two asterisks before it. Here’s some output from something compiled with “Use command line echoing”:

I think “Use command line echoing” is used for a regression testing framework for the Inform compiler. Or maybe it just used to be used for that.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas all, everywhere, unless its not your kind of thing!! :smiley:

Merry Christmas!

Oh hang on, I completely forgot to do something.

Merry christmas everyone!

And if you don’t celebrate Christmas, have some happy holidays!

And if you’re working, just bask in the goodwill of the season!

Failing that, just have a rollickin’ good time and you should be fine.

Merry Christmas, everybody, and a happy New Year too!