Meri's very casual IFComp 2026 reviews

High School Reunion by Sanj

I’m a big fan of high school based rom coms. I love the nostalgia, tropes, and simple but earnest friendships. I will watch any movie that has a prom scene in it without a second thought. It is a cozy space for me. High School Reunion didn’t quite hit the notes I look for in my high school themed content. It trends to the absurd and zany, which was still pretty fun, especially in the ending where you become a vampire for absolutely no reason. I also found the ending where you take your long lost high school sweetheart to Wendy’s as a big romantic gesture to be a funny bit. But for me it was a bit like opening your fridge to eat leftovers you have been looking forward to, only to realize someone else got to them first. Where was that thing I wanted?? I graduated in 2010, so my 10 year high school reunion was cancelled for obvious reasons. Maybe I’d have more affection for this game if it had happened after all. Ah well, I still had fun, I guess.

4 Likes