Menu-based conversation extension?

I’m working on my first game, and I’m wondering if there are any current extensions that allow you to provide a menu of potential responses when talking to an NPC? That seems like the simplest conversation route for a first go, but I’ve been having a hard time digging up anything that does what I want and isn’t out of date.

I suppose I could try building one myself, but that’s probably a little ambitious for my first time out of the gate. Any suggestions?

1 Like

TBH, I don’t really use Inform 7, so I can’t help with anything beyond sharing this link. However, I’m pretty sure the extension called “Hybrid Choices” is the go-to method for solving this problem. You can find the most recent version here:

3 Likes

Oooh, this looks like it might do the trick. I’ll have to give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks!

You could also try Michael Martin’s menu-based conversation extensions, “Quip-Based Conversation” & “Reactable Quips”, of which user @climbingstars posted an updated version (that should be compatible with the current I7 version 6M62) in the following thread: Michael Martin's Quip Based Conversations.
I just downloaded and installed them from there and tried two of the examples from the documentation, and they seem to work.

3 Likes