Mental Entertainment

I have a question on Mental Entertainment for anyone who has played the game to the end.

Did you have any indication of how appropriate your recommendations were? I just got a generic “you hope you did some good” epilogue. I was expecting some sort of accuracy score or something.

So, now I don’t know if I missed a part of the game or if this is just the way it ends. Anyone else get something different?

1 Like

I had the impression that the game is just supposed to make you think about your choices without saying if you’re right or wrong. I’m not sure, though, but I didn’t see any extra material

Yeah, I had a similar bit of confusion with the game. I’ve posted a review of it on my blog.

Did you have any indication of how appropriate your recommendations were? […] So, now I don’t know if I missed a part of the game or if this is just the way it ends. Anyone else get something different?

No, I got the same ending. I too was initially confused by – and a bit annoyed at – this. But after thinking a bit more about it, I find that I really like this ending. I had tried to make the ‘right’ choices from the game’s perspective, i.e., make the choices that would likely give me the ‘good’ ending (something the game of course made very difficult).

But since the game doesn’t show you the outcome of your choices, I felt more free to make the choices that I thought were the right/best ones. And that, somehow, made what I chose matter more. My choices in the game say something about me, not just about the player character. So that’s why I (now) like the ending. :grinning:

Nice game, by the way. But scary vision of the future!