Measured Liquid by Emily Short


#1

This topic is for discussions related to Measured Liquid by Emily Short


#2

Hello! Thanks for writing this extension. It works great in release 6L38, which is currently the second-to-latest release, but I noticed that it doesn’t compile on what is currently the latest release, 6M62 (which seems to be available only on OS X, for some reason). It seems to fail with the following problem:

The following problem was also output:


#3

Update: I think I found a fix for this! See this link for a full diff:

github.com/toolness/pancakes/is … -168309181


#4

Your fix worked perfectly for me. Thanks!


#5

Hi folks

I’m struggling to include V4 of Measured Liquid in 6M62.

I get the bug:

Here’s the problem code:

I’ve tried fixing this myself, but I’m a newbie getting back into Inform, and just end up completely crashing the thing with an error 11.

Can anyone lend a hand?
Cheers


#6

I think the problem is that the flavor column has two different types of non-blank values in it: some text, which is the name of a kind, and “Refreshing!”, which is a text. All of the values in a column (other than the header which gives the name/type of the column) need to be of the same type or blank (–).

The current version of Measured Liquids is v6, and the code in question looks like this:

Table of Liquids
liquid	potable	flavor	description (text)
nonliquid	false	--	--
water	true	"Refreshing!"	--

So, my suggestion would be to upgrade from v4 to v6. You can do this by choosing the extensions panel in the IDE, clicking on the Public Library tab at the top right, following the menus to the desired extension (§9. Physics -> §9.1. Liquids -> Measured Liquid), and clicking on the install/update button next to its name.


#7

Thanks Vince! Rookie mistake - I picked up the extension via Google and could only see the V4.


#8

Found a bug in v6. Per the documentation, if cranberry juice + vodka = crantini, mixing more vodka into a crantini should just keep it as “crantini”; but in fact the extension changes it to pure “vodka”. The problem is here:A liquid-mixing rule (this is the keep the same recipe as before rule): [If we add more of an existing component to the mix, there is no change] repeat through the Table of Liquid Mixtures: if the liquid of the second noun is the result entry: let L be the mix-list entry; repeat with item running through L: if the liquid of the noun is the item: rule succeeds with result the liquid of the noun.The last line should be “rule succeeds with result the liquid of the second noun”.


(matt w) #9

I got in touch with Emily and she doesn’t have time to work on this right now, but she said it would be fine for someone else to file updates to them. So prevetenet, if you want to make this change and file it (which I think means e-mailing it to Mark Musante) that would be great!


#10

Done; thanks!