MBF4: Zarf's "Cragne Manor" source (yep spoilers)

Jason Love posted his Cragne source (M2F2: Jason Love's "Cragne Manor" Source (Spoilers, Obviously)) which reminded me that I should do the same thing.

Cragne-Zarf: Source Code

7 Likes

I have done a very quick browsing of the source… wow ! as expected from Zarf !

Thanks for sharing,
dott. Piergiorgio.

2 Likes

I like the testing code, that’s really neat.

1 Like

I made a couple of regtest scripts which rely on those testing verbs. One script for my project, one for the big beta that was posted (with everything in place).

I won’t post my entire scripts, but it’s a lot of test cases like this:

* seal-unseal

> zarf-test me

> zok
the Word of Unsealing, but nothing

> khion
the Word of Enlightenment, but nothing

> ia
You speak the Word of Sealing. It echoes through the room, louder than you intended.
A faint grey light
waiting for you to continue.

> ia
You speak the Word of Sealing. The ritual bound flickers hectically for a moment, but nothing else happens.

> west
You move towards it, but it does not seem to get any closer.
!Pantry

> listen
The room is eerily silent, but you can nonetheless sense the Sealing Word IA resonating in the air.

> listen to runes
The room is eerily silent, but you can nonetheless sense the Sealing Word IA resonating in the air.

> zok
You speak the Word of Unsealing. The runes flare with grey light and then fade. The sense of pressing silence fades with them, leaving the room feeling dim and mundane once again.

> listen
You hear nothing unexpected.

> listen to runes
You hear nothing unexpected.

> west
Pantry

Especially in a wacky dev environment like Cragne, it seemed important to make sure bugs didn’t creep into the basic stuff.

2 Likes