Massive Itch Bundle for Ukrainian Shelter and Medical Assistance

Hello, Everyone.

Not sure if anyone here would be interested, but it’s for a good cause. So, if you aren’t interested, just disregard.

There’s a limited time charitable bundle (~9.5 days left) on itch right now. They’re raising donations for Ukrainian humanitarian assistance. The bundle contains 991 games, tabletop RPGs, books, comics, soundtracks, etc. You can get the whole thing, no DRMs, for a minimum $10 donation. 100% of all proceeds go towards the aforementioned charities.

Blurb from the bundle page:

• The people of Ukraine are under attack. As game developers we want to create new worlds, not to destroy the one we have. That’s why we’ve banded together to present this charity bundle to help Ukrainians survive this ordeal and thrive after the war ends. This cause has resonated with creators around the globe, to the extent that our bundle contains almost 1,000 games, tabletop RPGs, books, etc.

• Over 700 creators have joined in support to donate their work. All proceeds from this bundle will be split between the following charities:

• International Medical Corps provides medical assistance in the region. They have very low fundraising overhead (1% of income), with 89% of donations going to medical aid and 10% to administration.
    • Voices of Children, a Ukrainian organization that helps children cope with the horrors of war, PTSD, readjusting to school, and getting back to being kids. They have also been doing a lot of grassroots impromptu work during the war, such as helping set up shelters. Our hope is that this war will be over soon, and they can begin the work of healing these kids’ hearts.
  • Of these nearly 1,000 products, more than 600 have never been in a major bundle before. Several prominent developers and publishers signed up to itch.io specifically to be in this bundle. And there’s something for everyone - we have almost 600 digital video games, over 300 analog tabletop RPGs, and dozens of asset packs, books, zines, and comics, soundtracks/music, and a host of other products. Also unique to this bundle, we only allowed paid products.

• We kept the minimum low, but we highly urge you to pay above the minimum if you can afford to do so. All proceeds will be split between the charities 50/50.

• We stand with Ukrainians, and with all people around the world who despise war.

‘Wandersong’ and ‘Baba is You’ alone are well worth the minimum donation. The latter is currently $15 on Steam.

Someone on ifMUD tipped me off. I’m just passing the word.

You can find the bundle here.

Thank you,
-Pinkunz

16 Likes

Paradoxically, I’d pay $10 to not have to sort through 1000 things.

PS – I bought the bundle, thus making my joke immune to criticism!

-Wade

4 Likes

Torree 3D and its sequel are on the list…they are linear 3D platformers. I really enjoyed them.

1 Like

On the other hand, if you don’t feel like giving your money away to people who pick and choose which victims they help:

Sorry, but you won’t get any games, though.

3 Likes

This was in my top 5 games last year. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend it. Definitely worth $10.

5 Likes

Fair point, just trying to facilitate any help at all heading that general direction in any way I can. Obviously, please keep to your convictions.

Bought bundle, downloaded Backbone, didn’t work.

I suppose you could ask for your money back. :man_shrugging:

If anyone else is interested in the bundle, be aware that there’s only 18 hours and 39 minutes left for the offer. It becomes unavailable at 3am EST, 03/18/2022.

2 Likes

This bundle is no longer available. It raised $6,370,627.22, so thank you to anyone who chose to purchase it.

As @Sam_Ursu pointed out, there are some fantastic organizations still accepting donations and the folks in Ukraine still certainly need the help:

@HanonO , would you please lock this topic at your convenience? Thank you.