Hi, I wanted to tap into the collective knowledge and playing experience of the community here to see if there are any games with these certain features:
- a player’s character playing an IF in the game
- other interestingly implemented story within a story approaches (where you can perform actions within the sub-story)
- actions (other than wait/z) used for traveling through time (i.e. go forward, go backward)
- a zoom in and zoom out element to the movement. (e.g., travel between planets, travel between cities on a planet,
- travel inside a building in a city, travel inside a room, even microscopic travel)
- a player playing multiple characters with ability to switch between them and see different perspectives or offer different actions
- quickly changing settings or objects where repeated examination reveals such changes
- unreliable sensation, mistrust of self, player character with schizophrenia or multiple personality disorder, etc. (especially gradual onset of these)
- significant development of PC resulting in learned (or lost) actions (not based on found objects). (e.g., as an infant you cannot yet open door, as you grow older you can open door)
- taking place over an entire life time or even longer periods of time
- possession and control of an object or animal, with new set of verbs to then use.
- prompts that ask you to input information (e.g., your name) that is then later used in the story text.
- use of non-standard letters, alphabets, and maybe cryptography puzzles dealing with them
- good use of characters for images or maps (à la ASCII art) that pertain to the story or puzzles somehow.
The more any of these are central to a story the better.
Offer suggestions or alternatively offer ways to find suggestions for these. Thanks.