Liquid Help - Using 'scoops' as a volume.

:blush: Heh! So I set an exercise I knew’d be challenging. But little did I know how challenging. This is really doing my head in. I want volume to be measured in ‘scoops’ and have included the following code:

[code]A volume is a kind of value. 1 scoop specifies a volume. A fluid container is a kind of container. A fluid container has a volume called a fluid capacity. A fluid container has a volume called current volume.

The fluid capacity of a fluid container is usually 1 scoop. The current volume of a fluid container is usually 0 scoops.

Liquid is a kind of value. A fluid container has a liquid.[/code]

What am I doing wrong? My error messages all include something along the lines of:

“Problem. In the sentence ‘The current volume of a fluid container is usually 0 scoops’ , it looks as if you intend ‘The current volume of a fluid container is usually 0 scoops’ to be asserting something, but that tries to set the value of the ‘current volume’ property to an object - which must be wrong because this property has to be a volume.”

Try this.

[code]“Test”

A volume is a kind of value. 1 scoop (singular) specifies a volume. 2 scoops (plural) specifies a volume. A fluid container is a kind of container. A fluid container has a volume called a fluid capacity. A fluid container has a volume called current volume.

The fluid capacity of a fluid container is usually 1 scoop. The current volume of a fluid container is usually 0 scoops.

Liquid is a kind of value. Water is a liquid. A fluid container has a liquid.

The Testing Room is A Room.[/code]

You need to specify both the singular and the plural forms for it to work. Also, you need to name at least one kind of value for liquid for that bit to work.

Hope this helps.

facepalm I had a sneaking suspicion it was the plurality, but I thought I’d tested that by just having it as singular (1 scoop, 2 scoop), but I must have missed something. Thanks for fixing it for me climbingstars, your solution neat. :slight_smile:

I now have more liquid errors to do with my new verbs pour and fill, but I’ll play around a bit more (and have a look inside some liquid extensions) before inflicting any more questions. :slight_smile: - cheers again!

The title of this thread reminded me of this Cat and Girl comic.