Latest TADS New Project Wizard not working for me

This may not be the perfect venue for this question but I was advised by the tads.org page to post here and there is no forum for technical issues.

Does anyone else have a problem with this wizard? I just get a blank dialog box with three buttons, none of which work. I am using Win7 ultimate.

Thanks,
P3aul

It’s working fine for me in Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Have you downloaded and installed the most recent version of Workbench? Where did you install it? One potential problem with Windows (I’ve seen this before in other situations) happens if you let the installer put a program in the default location Program Files(x86). Try installing T3 to your root C: drive, in a folder called TADS. That’s what I do.

When exactly does the blank box appear? Is it the first thing you see when you launch Workbench, or are you talking about something that happens AFTER the “Welcome to TADS Workbench” dialog box? That box has three buttons, all of which have graphic icons, so I’m guessing it may be what you’re talking about.

Do you have a screen capture program with which you can grab the blank dialog box and upload it so we can see it? If you don’t have a screen capture program, I can suggest GIMP, which is free.

It’s working fine for me, too. I’m using Win 7 Home Premium and I did install it in the default program folder.
But with Win XP I once had a problem with a certain ugly virusscan program which has marked TADS as potentional malware, so I had to tell this program that TADS is safe. Perhaps something like that could cause an interruption in the launch process?

Works for me, too. I also use Windows 7 Ultimate, so there should be no problems with OS/TADS conflicts. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

The TADS IDE, as far as I know, is a pretty stable platform, so it should work if it’s installed correctly. I installed to the default location, which puts it in C:\Program Files (x86)\TADS3 and it works fine (although I had issues when I installed the alternative library files, adv3Lite, in that location—those I had to put in my source files directory).

On reflection, I think I should have done what Jim suggested, install to someplace other than Microsoft’s protected directory. But I don’t think that’s your problem at this stage, it should work when installed with all defaults selected.

Jerry