TAKE HOSE FROM TRUNK
KNOT TRUNK
UNTIE STRING FROM HOOK
GRAB ELEPHANT’S LEG
FLOAT ON ELEPHANT
STEER ELEPHANT WITH EARS
BREATHE HELIUM FROM HOSE
SAY WHEEEE!!

If any of you were thinking of implementing this, now’s your last chance. Tomorrow is due-date!

Best of luck and stamina for those final hours to all entrants. I’m looking forward to playing your games!

Rovarsson

11 Likes

Oh, that reminds me that I still have to add the clawfoot bathtub to my game.

5 Likes

But of course! How could you forget. I say, what sort of game worth its mettle would go without a clawfoot bathtub.

Would said bathtub be big enough to float an inflatable elephant in it is the real question here…

Technically that would depend on the size of said elephant. That said, no, emphatically: no. You couldn’t even fit a (regular-sized) kitten in my game’s clawfoot bathtub.

I’ll take that bit of information to heart when playing your game.

But of course, your comment raises an interesting question: would said regular-sized kitten be able to lift aforementioned bathtub off the ground when inflated with helium and tied paw-to-claw to the bathtub?

To be used as a miniature zeppelin?

I’m sorry, I tried doing the math on wolfram alpha but for some reason it isn’t giving me any sensible answers when I input “volume of a helium inflated kitten”. :frowning:

2 Likes

Well, I gotta get my son from school so I can’t do the math for you.

Anyway, enough procrastrination. Get back to coding that bathtub.

Best of luck

1 Like

Really old math joke: “First, let us assume a spherical kitten…”

3 Likes

As the only person in this thread with an actual clawfoot tub currently in my game, I speak with authority: kittens of any kind (helium-inflated, spherical, or standard) and and tubs of any kind do not mix well.

5 Likes

Best of luck to anyone sweating the final hours. And best of luck for the next month and a half with not compulsively refreshing intfiction to see if anyone’s posted a review. :grinning:

5 Likes

I recently played Limerick Quest and have it on good authority that an elephant is three times as big as a tree.

1 Like

Best of luck to all of the participants! I am sure the competition will be intense and all of the games stellar as they were last year!

7 Likes

I’m absurdly anxious that I’ve accidentally uploaded the wrong version or it’ll explode when somebody actually runs it or something, even though I’ve checked like three times now.

5 Likes

I have had to sit on my hands all day to stop myself from tinkering. It is what it is. I made myself stop correcting twiddly things and re-uploading yesterday for fear I would break the system.

Don’t ask me how many times I’ve hit the “Play Online” button and run through it.

8 Likes

I actually did this, and although I realised pretty quickly, for some reason I was unable to upload the proper version, which was something of a worry! This was Sunday, so I had allowed a bit of time, and it did correct itself some hours later.

ETA: Just noticed I am the first to post after the deadline. Hope everyone’s submission went okay!

3 Likes

Everything seems to be working fine with my game, so I’m just calmly waiting for the obligatory one thousand bugs players will find as soon as the judging period opens.

Good luck, everyone!

4 Likes

I will happily oblige.

3 Likes

You won’t find any in the ones I tested! (Um, probably).

3 Likes

I found a game breaking bug in mine at T minus 1 hour last night. That was fun. How many more lurk unseen?

5 Likes

I’d be glad to take you up on this, but I’ll be hard pressed to play even the five games required for judging.

(This does not in any way mean that I’ll be rushing through those five or maybe more games. My voting will be based on an honest playthrough to the best of my abilities {up until the 2-hour mark of course}. It just means that I won’t be taking the extra time to look for critters. Except in @agat 's game, 'cause I obliged…)

2 Likes