Josh Grams's IFComp 2026

A Triangle for Two

A teenage (?) relationship triangle where two of the personalities are in one body – and one of them is interested, the other isn’t, and can they trust this other person, and how do they navigate this, and have they even worked out who they are and how they relate when they have one body and they disagree? I thought it was really effective. It sometimes took me a little bit to work out which voice was which, and while I think the typography consistently indicates that, the slight confusion felt thematically appropriate enough that I didn’t stop to work it out.

These two seem to often be exclusive about use of the body? I think there’s quite a bit of variation, but often when one of them is fronting the other is off somewhere else and doesn’t have access, and I thought the placement of the links within the text worked really well; love to see people experimenting with that. Because sometimes the story moves forward; sometimes it switches to the outside person’s perspective, but sometimes it loops off to an internal conversation or to the other person’s perspective in the same body and then back to the first person having just experienced a time skip. And at first you don’t know what link is going to do what but then you start seeing the shape of things. Nice.

7 Likes