Ultraviolent Unicorn Deathmatch of Destiny 4
Now this one is IF. Using the single key command-triggers-instantly code from Arthur Di Bianca’s Vambrace of Destiny, apparently. It’s disappointing that it’s still using backtick as the escape-to-regular-parser-mode key; I thought that with Vambrace a couple people had commented that not all keyboards HAVE that key… I feel like it could easily have been the space key or a punctuation key (comma, period? question mark is shifted on a lot of keyboards, so that’s probably not the greatest choice) or one of the numbers.
Otherwise this is very solid and delightfully silly. Unicorn with a chainsaw for a horn, navigate your first day in an office environment, try to complete your checklist of typical office tasks like unjamming the copier and dealing with the recycling and helping out with a birthday party and trimming the office shrubbery. I have to admit I didn’t experiment with the destruction very much? I played for about five minutes feeling out the commands and their uses, ending with being “hoist on my own poop-tard” and then I just went through and worked out all the tasks with no collateral damage… I assume there’s at least one other ending where you get fired for killing people? And maybe a middle one where you get yelled at but not fired? I should probably go back and try.
I had a little trouble with pest control but otherwise the tasks were pretty clear “you’ll know it when you see it” (well, if you’ve read the task on your to-do list, you will) so it was a lot of fun walking around and going “oh, so that’s what that means!”