Joe's Spring Thing Reviews (thoughts)

When I played Aesthetics Over Plot previously, I was able to play from beginning to end. But now the game appears to be split into chapters with the next installment coming on April 7, even though we’re past that date. Does anyone know the reason for the change?

3 Likes

Just played Beat up Scotty again. I kept getting points which was cool, and nice sound FX, but I couldn’t find where it listed how many points I had. That would have been a nice addition. I thought the menu options were pretty impressive. I’m not familiar with Strand, so I have no idea if menu options are a challenging addition or not. But for me, it was cool. Eventually a word I couldn’t figure out, and then it just got kinda frustrating.

5 Likes

You’ve solved your own conundrum!

New voices are welcome and appreciated. I like the short and to-the-point reviews you’ve written, focused on your personal experience of the work. I’m sure the authors of the pieces will also be glad to read your thoughts.

Welcome,

Rovarsson

6 Likes

I just want to add to this to say, as much I like seeing familiar usernames, etc. reviewing stuff, and it’s nice people stick around, people move in and out of communities…so we want and need people willing to share stuff and we shouldn’t ever have to worry if we are sharing too much or too little!

There’s a mechanism to find this! You can type SCORE, I think, but you get a percentage.

The key is to add 1 or 2 to the percentage, so it’s even, then divide by 6. That’s how many right answers you got. (This silly trick works because there are 17 total puzzles, and 6*17=102.)

It doesn’t seem to track stuff you passed on, however, or the maximum possible remaining score. That’d be a trivial feature request for post-comp, I guess!

4 Likes

BMUS point system is simple. You get a point for each correct answer. There are 17 questions. Nevertheless it does, as mentioned, give you score as a percentage when you type score.

I found people mostly prefer the percentage method as it gives them a sense of how far they’ve got.

Good idea that it should track the questions that pass on. Might add it.

2 Likes