Is there going to be an ECTOCOMP 2023?

Is there going to be an ECTOCOMP 2023? Just curious, because an announcement usually goes out around now and it normally starts about 1 October.

6 Likes

There will !

@Ruber_Eaglenest and I are hard at work.

13 Likes

Great. Time to start planning. Knowing me, I’ll probably leave it 'til the last minute anyway.

6 Likes

Just remember, if tradition is anything to go by, and the admins don’t change any rules: last-minute is October 30, not October 31st. Plus time zones.

9 Likes

Just curious, like to plan ahead: the petite category time limit of 4 hours, does it include beta-testing? (Subsequent fixing clearly is included)

2 Likes

Oh I have a question too!
Do translations count as a new game ? (would it be allowed to submit a translation)

2 Likes

A rule from last year:

The games should be original and previously unpublished. With the exception of localisations of previously unreleased games in the current competition language.

3 Likes

It doesn’t include beta testing time by others.

You can use 2h, send it to testers, read their notes, then, 3 days later, work for 2 more hours (the sending and reading does not count)

5 Likes

This rule will persist.

4 Likes

Nice! Then I know what to hopefully submit :partying_face:

3 Likes

Specifically, the way I’ve interpreted it in the past is, only your time is limited. The time beta-testers spend playing, writing up comments, and messaging them to you doesn’t count. The time you spend reading their transcripts doesn’t count, but the time you spend fixing the bugs does.

2 Likes

Reminds me of speed chess. You only run the timer when it’s actively your turn.
Yaf3n

5 Likes