Invisiclues for Curses (complete)

I noticed there weren’t invisiclues for Curses, so I thought I’d get some started! With the game as large as it is, it won’t be comprehensive, so I plan on working on it over time.

This first post is for general hints!

How can I get hints in the game itself?

1. There are two hint systems in the game. The first one is described in hints 2-4. The second one is described in 5-10. These hints are almost required for some of the more confusing puzzles.

2. The first hint system is in the basement. Check ‘How do I reach the basement’ if you’re not sure how to do this.

3. The first hint system is the demon in the basement. You can SHOW him things or say things to him like DEMON, CURSES, or so on. But…

4. The demon always lies. You can take everything he says as the opposite of what is actually true.

5. The second hint system can be found in the vegetable garden. If you haven’t reached outside yet, check hints for ‘How do I get Outside?’

6. Reaching the hint area will require some assistance with the beans. Have you seen anything related to beans, or to bean stalks?

7. This puzzle requires some very advanced materials. Have you found any magical items?

8. You need a rod. If you’re not sure what they are, look at ‘I read/heard something about rods. What are they, and how do I find them?’

9. Specifically, you need the Rod of Stalking. See ‘How do I find the Rod of Stalking’. If you don’t know how to determine the name of a Rod, see ‘How do
    I discover the name of a Rod?’

10. Next, you need to use the rod on the plant. If you don’t know how to use rods, see ‘How do I use Rods?’. Once you use the rod, you get access to an angelic hint giver who always tells the truth.

Should I get hints in the game itself?

1. Yes

2. Many of the puzzles seemed designed around getting help from the help systems

What are ways I can lock myself out of victory?

There are many ways to lock yourself out of victory:

A. Using up an item that should not be used up.

As the existence of some items are a spoiler, this is divided up into several smaller sections, based on what areas you’ve reached.

Items in the attic

Eating the box of chocolates can lock you out of victory.

Using the red battery incorrectly can lower your end score, but I don’t believe it locks you out of victory.

Eating the red tablet at the wrong time can lock you out of victory.

Taking the books under the pipe will ruin them, locking you out of victory unless you find a way to keep them from getting wet.

Using the poetry book or similar item to escape an area can lock you out of victory. They are never needed for such a purpose.

Items in the countryside

The nuts can be wasted. Only use them if they have a direct effect on one of your goals.

Items in the museum

The Eight of Wands has two uses, one of which destroys it. Make sure you get the other use first!

Items in the gardens

The weed killer has a very specific use. Do not use it unless you’re pretty sure what it’s for, and make sure to save and then verify that your plan worked.[/details]

Items in the Greek area

Eating the ekmek special can lock you out of victory.

Eating the fig can make it harder (but not impossible) to solve this area.

B. Getting stuck in an area you can’t leave

Many areas can only be accessed once. Here are some areas that don’t have a natural way to leave:

1. Most areas accessed from the observatory. (see ‘What do I do in the observatory?’) Specifically, every area accessed using Tarot cards and all similar items, except for the charcoal sketch, which has a natural exit.
  2. Most areas accessed by items, including the map of Hamburg and the golden orb. Importantly, though, there is a natural way out of The ship in the bottle.
  3. Areas accessed by falling down. If you think you’ll be going down any holes, make sure to save first!

Some areas may seem as if you are stuck in them, but that is not true. These include:

Some areas you can leave, spoiling area names
  1. The gardens area (see ‘How do I get out of the gardens area?’)
  2. The Unreal City (see ‘How do I get out of the Unreal City?’)
  3. Alexandria (see ‘How do I get out of Alexandria?’)

C. Leaving an area without grabbing everything important

Here is a list of important things you need from areas you can only access once (or that seem you can only access them once):

List of areas and the items you need from them before leaving(spoilers for area names)
  1. The ship: The branch, a spar, and a flag
  2. Hamburg: The crook
  3. The Castle Cafe: The timer
  4. The villa: the sandals and the daisy

D. Entering an area without important items

Some areas give you only one chance. If you don’t have the right items, you will fail. Here are some such places:

List of areas and the items you need before entering them (spoilers for area names)
  1. The folly miniature: The gloves and the weed killer
  2. Hamburg: The red tablet
  3. The camp (after the villa): The daisy and sandals

I can’t carry everything!

1. There’s an item in the opening area that lets you carry as many things as you wish.

2. Have you made a map of the attic?

3. From the first room, go S, SE, E, and S to the Dead End and pick up (or wear) the rucksack.

I’m stuck somewhere and I can’t get out!

(Hints start out mild)

1. There are many places where the player can get irretrievably stuck in the game.

2. First check spoilers for that area, such as ‘How do I get out of the garden?’

3. If they redirect you here, then there are some systematic ways to escape several areas. One will be described in hints 4-7, the other in the remaining hints.

4. The first is a (mostly optional) but easy early system.

5. This system can be learned in the dream in the servant’s room. If you already experienced this dream, you can check it out in a new game; it’s entirely information-based. See ‘What can I learn from the dream in the servant’s room?’ This system is the…

6. ‘Lagach’ system. ‘Lagach’ is a word that you can say to certain artworks mounted on walls or the floor that lets you travel between them. So things like ‘painting, lagach’ or ‘mosaic, lagach’ let you travel in a chain. The next (and last hint for lagach) tells you what you can travel between.

7. Those items are a two different paintings (one of which you have to hang up), some ancient writings, two murals, a frieze, and a mosaic.

8. The other system is based on the rods. If you don’t know them yet, look at ‘I read/heard something about rods. What are they, and how do I find them?’

9. The specific rod you need is the Rod of Returning. If you don’t have it, you can check out ‘How do I find the Rod of Returning?’ If you don’t know how to discover the names of rods, you can check out ‘How do
    I discover the name of a Rod?’.

10. Using the rod of returning on yourself takes you back to the attic. This is the most useful way to return from most areas. If you don’t know how to use rods, look up ‘How do I use Rods’?

16 Likes

Thank you very much. I did not get far in the game and gave up. Hint 4 of the category " How can I get hints in the game itself?" was an eye opener for me!! I will try the game again.

1 Like

Very cool project, Brian!

Curses has been on my to-play list almost as long as Zork. I started playing twice already, but I wasn’t in the right headspace to engage with it fully. Without being able to commit my complete attention to it, the game overwhelmed me. (Same has happened with The Mulldoon Legacy.)

I am a hundred percent certain that I will play this classic, and I think the hint-project you are working on now will be an invaluable resource.

Thank you.

5 Likes

The Attic

How do I get out of the attic?

1. There are many ways to get out of the attic. This will list them in roughly increasing difficulty and dependence on other areas. It does not include spoilers for secret areas that remain entirely within the attic.

2. To get you started, try ‘What do I do with the poetry book?’, ‘What do I do in the Servant’s Room’, or ‘How do I use the dumbwaiter?’. These are most of the exits you can find from the very beginning.

3. Once you’ve explored a bit, you can try ‘What do I do with the map of Hamburg?’, ‘How do I enter the dark cupboard?’ and ‘What do I do with the fireplace?’

4. The other exits can be found with ‘What do I do with the slide projector?’ and ‘What do I do with the smoke alarm?’

How do I use the dumbwaiter?

1. Have you tried turning the wheel?

2. Have you tried examining the wheel?

3. TURN OFF CATCH.

4. Still can’t use the dumbwaiter? Have you entered it?

5. Try pulling the ropes when you are in the dumbwaiter.

How do I enter the dark cupboard?

1. The first in-game hint system has a hint for this, if you ask about BATTERY. Otherwise…

2. It says your torch has a weak battery. Have you explored the attic thoroughly?

3. There’s a red battery in the demijohn, but that’s too dangerous.

4. The solution is very near the problem, but you’ll need an item to help you. The next hint tells you what that item is.

5. You need the gardening gloves. See ‘how do I get the gardening gloves?’. Once you have them…

6. Look at the insulation rolls in the East Annexe. If you have trouble changing the battery, you can TAKE ALL FROM TORCH when it’s open.

How do I reach the basement?

1. See ‘How do I use the dumbwaiter?’

How do I open the demijohn?

1. Have you tried OPEN DEMIJOHN or HIT DEMIJOHN?

2. You have trouble opening the lid with your bare hands. Have you noticed anything nearby that can help?

3. The wrench is useless here. You’ll need something else from the attic, specifically:

4. The gardening gloves. See ‘how do I get the gardening gloves?’. Then:

5. Just open the demijohn while wearing the gloves.

The key fell down! What should I do?

1. There’s no way to avoid this.

2. The game’s first hint system has a hint about what to do. Just ask about KEY. Otherwise…

3. You’ll have to go to the basement. See ‘How do I reach the basement?’ and ‘What do I do with the hole in the basement?’

How do I get the gardening gloves?

1. The game’s first hint system has a hint about this if you ask about GLOVES. Otherwise,

1. Jemima gets very upset if you take her gloves, even if she’s happy with you.

2. Notice that it said she ‘heard’ you taking the gloves.

3. How can you disguise the sound of you taking the gloves?

4. You need something that makes sound. See ‘What do I do in the airing cupboard?’

5. Once the radio is playing where Jemima can hear it, you can take the gloves.

What do I do in the airing cupboard?

1. Have you examined everything?

2. If you look at the sheets, you can find an old radio.

3. It doesn’t seem to work when you turn it on, though.

4. This is a really old radio. Give it some time!

5. You can also push it from room to room. Where would it be most useful?If you’re not sure, you can wait until you find a need for music. Otherwise…

6. Push it one room north so Jemima can hear it.

What do I do with the calendar?

1. You can look at it, of course.

2. Turning the calendar and seeing all the months will give you useful information.

What do I do with Aunt Jemima?

1. The first hint system of the game has a hint about aunt Jemima if you ask about JEMIMA. Otherwise,

2. There are two goals with Jemima, each of which revolves around something she likes.

3. The first goal is grabbing the gardening gloves. See ‘How do I get the gardening gloves?’

4. The second is getting a daisy chain. If you don’t know why you need this, you can come back to this later.

5. Aunt Jemima needs to be in a good mood. The means for doing so are relatively close nearby.

6. Give Aunt Jemima the box of chocolates. If you don’t know where they are, they are in the parcel in the old furniture area.

7. She’ll ask you what color you want. Answer in the form SAY [color] TO JEMIMA or JEMIMA, [color].

What do I do with the glass ball?

1. If you examine it, it is scratched up.

2. Try rubbing it or polishing it.

3. How does it look now?

4. The things you see are purely decorative. However…

5. There’s a little more you can do here.

6. See ‘What do I do with the smoke alarm?’.

What do I do with the smoke alarm?

1. There is a hint for this from the first hint system in the game. Just ask about SMOKE ALARM. Otherwise…

2. This puzzle requires quite a bit of setup, but can be solved just using items in the attic or available in areas directly accessible from the attic.

3. Have you fully examined the slide projector in the room to the south?.

4. Have you fully examined the slide projector in the room to the south?.

5. Turn the dial on the projector. It sends light back, touching the orb.

6. But the light doesn’t go where you want it to!

7. Have you experimented more with the projector?

8. Everything you put in the slot changes the path of the light.

9. One item you can put in will put the beam in the correct part of the zodiac. That is…

10. The Fool card. To get the fool card, see What can I do with the fortune teller?

11. Put the fool card in the slot when the dial has been turned, and return to the glass ball. This will unlock something. Specifically…

12. You can now go outside of the attic using the fire escape in the Dead End where you found the rucksack.

How does the slide projector work?

1. The first hint system for the game has a hint about this. You can ask about PROJECTOR.

2. Have you looked at the slot? Or the dial? They have different uses. The use of the dial is hinted to in hint 3, while the rest of the hints are about the slot.

3. For the dial, see ‘What do I do with the glass ball?’ For the slots, see the next hints.

4. You can’t do anything with the projector right away, but other areas will have things that fit in the slot. The most common thing that fits is…

5. The Tarot cards. Once you’ve put something in the slot…

6. You can go SOUTH to enter the picture! The full list of things you can put it in are:

7. The tarot cards, the miniature of the folly, and the charcoal sketch. But one of these doesn’t fit.

8. You have to break the frame of the charcoal sketch before you use it.

What do I do with the painting?

1. It is portable.

2. You can complete the game without it. However…

3. It is involved in the first transport system of the game.

4. You can try PAINTING, LAGACH.

5. But the error says it’s ‘unanchored’!

6. You can find a picture hook somewhere in the house.

7. Getting there will probably take quite a while. It’s the White Hallway. To get there…

8. Go through the sandstone passage halfway up the dumbwaiter. See ‘How do I get through the sandstone passage?’

What do I do with the fireplace?

1. The first hint system of the game has a hint if you ask about FIREPLACE. Otherwise…

2. Have you tried going inside?

3. You can’t see without a light source.

4. But you also can’t move. Unless…

5. You’re not carrying anything. However, moving without a light source…

6. Leads to your death. Since you can’t have light where you are and move where you are, what can you do?

7. Put the torch in the fireplace before you enter the hole. Make sure you have an alternate light source before, like…

8. Turning the crank. Now you can go down the fireplace. Except…

9. Now you’re trapped!

10. Check out 'How do I get out of the priest hole?

How do I get out of the priest hole?

1. You need the key to get out.

2. You’ve seen it before.

3. It’s the attic key. See ‘The key fell down! What should I do?’ But…

4. You can’t be holding the key while you go down.

5. Remember how you got here in the first place?

6. Put the attic key in the fireplace before you go down.

What do I do with the poetry book?

1. If you have trouble grabbing it, see ‘How do I keep the books from getting wet?’ Otherwise…

2. Have you tried reading it?

3. See ‘What do I do in the Unreal City?’

How do I keep the books from getting wet?

1. What does the room description say?

2. The pipe doesn’t look sturdy.

3. How do you tighten a pipe?

4. You need the wrench, which is north and east from the area you started in.

5. Just WRENCH PIPE or TIGHTEN PIPE, then take the books.

What do I do in the Servant’s Room?

1. Besides picking things up?

2. Have you tried the bed?

3. ENTER BED. SLEEP.

What do I do with the map of Hamburg?

1. It says you can look up coordinates in it.

2. You can find coordinates somewhere relatively nearby.

3. They’re on the postcard that was in the wrapped parcel in the cupboard in Old Furniture. See ‘What do I do with the blank postcard?’ to get the coordinates.

4. Once you have the coordinates, just LOOK UP the coordinates IN MAP.

What do I do with the romantic novel?

1. The first hint system of the game has a hint about this. You can ask about MARIE.

2. This is an information puzzle. It can be solved with nearby materials.

3. Have you found the History of the Meldrews? If not…

4. Look up ‘What can I do in the first room?’

5. You need to find a lot of Meldrews in the book. Have you looked up everyone you can see in the attic?

6. Have you looked up Roger Meldrew, the person in the photograph in the dark room?

7. Marie Swelldon isn’t her real name.

8. Notice that her name contains the letters for the word ‘Meldrew’?

9. Unscramble the remaining letters.

10. Look up ALISON in the history.

11. You learn about a secret door! Go to the dead end where you found the rucksack and PUSH SOUTH WALL.

What do I do with the blank postcard?

1. There is a hint about this in the first hint system of the game. Try showing the postcard to the hint giver or asking about it. Otherwise…

2. It’s not reasonable that the postcard should be blank.

3. There must be a hidden message. But how can you see it?

4. The answer is relatively close nearby.

5. Read the postcard in the red light of the dark room.

6. Do you know what to do with it now? If not…

7. Look up ‘What do I do with the map of Hamburg?’

What can I do in the first room?

1. There is one bad thing and two good things you can do.

2. Have you tried going down?

3. Yeah, that’s a bad idea.

4. Have you examined everything?

5. There is an essential book in the tea chests.

6. There’s something else hidden in the room. It’s a little hard to find.

7. Close the trapdoor. You find a jewelry box!

What do I do in the writing room?

1. Two things are prominently mentioned in the room description.

2. For the bed, see ‘How do I sleep on the comfortable bed?’

3. For the window, have you tried opening them?

4. Have you tried examining them?

5. Try hitting the window to get it open.

What do I do on the balcony?

1. Have you examined everything?

2. The window sill sticks out over the balcony.

3. Look under the sill.

How I sleep on the comfortable bed?

1. The first in-game hint system has a hint about this. Ask about BED.

2. Have you tried sleeping already?

3. You need a heavy cloth to weigh you down.

4. You will need to have been to several other locations before you can solve this.

5. You need use the flag from the ship. See ‘What do I do in the ship?’. If you don’t know where the ship is…

6. See ‘What do I do with the Ace of Cups?’

What do I do on the roof?

1. Have you explored it?

2. Have you tried taking the key?

3. Have you looked up the ghost in the history book? If you don’t have it…

4. See ‘What can I do in the first room?’. Now that you’ve looked him up…

5. How was he defeated before?

6. Give him the wishbone. It can be found inside the dumbwaiter.

How do I open the medicine bottle?

1. The first hint system of the game has a hint for this. Try showing it to the hint-giver. Otherwise…

2. This puzzle has more solutions than any other puzzle in the game.

3. Dropping it from a height is the most common solution.

4. For instance, you can throw it in the empty dumbwaiter shaft.

5. Or you can run over it with the garden roller. See ‘How do I get to the gardens area?’ if you haven’t found it.

6 Likes

Thanks! I’m glad they can help you and Rovarsson. I think it’s the way the game was designed to be played, getting help from each other.

Would it be better to add ‘fakeout’ clues or not?

1 Like

The Basement

What do I do with the mouse?

1. The game’s first hint system has a hint for this. Trying showing the mouse or asking about it. Otherwise…

2. This robot can’t be switched on or off. So how can it be controlled?

3. You have to order the mouse around (like MOUSE, NORTH).

4. But where will you use it?

5. Have you examined the mouse? Its size is fairly specific.

6. There’s something nearby of similar size.

7. The hole in Cellars South is about the same size.

8. See 'What do I do with the hole in the basement?

What do I do with the hole in the basement?

1. The game’s first hint system has a hint about this. Ask about the HOLE. Otherwise…

2. You can’t fit into the hole. What can?

3. The mouse can go into the hole. See ‘What do I do with the mouse?’ if you don’t know how to control it.

4. You have to talk to the mouse using MOUSE, N and such. But once its in the hole, it’s no longer visible.

5. So Inform needs you to speak to someone or something. If you can’t talk to the mouse, who or what can you talk to?

6. Give orders to the hole itself, like HOLE, N.

7. But now what?

8. This is a maze. Once you find something, you’ll know it. The exact sequence (there and back) is:

9. mouse, w. hole, w. hole, w. hole, w. hole, n. hole, w. hole, n. hole, s. hole, e. hole, s. hole, e. hole, e. hole, e. hole, e.

What’s with the ominous stairway?

1. Have you tried going down it?

2. This is the first hint system of the game. You only get three hints, but…

3. You can always UNDO.

4. Just ask about things or show things. Like ASK DEMON ABOUT CURSES.

How do I get out of the basement?

1. How did you get here in the firstplace?

2. There’s a good chance you got here in the dumbwaiter.

3. See ‘How do I use the dumbwaiter?’. The same rules apply, except…

4. You may need to turn the wheel to make the dumbwaiter appear if it’s not here.

What do I do with the ironbound door?

1. You don’t have to worry about this for quite some time.

2. Come back when you have the wrought iron key. To get the key…

3. See ‘What do I do with the bronze frieze?’. To find the bronze frieze…

4. See ‘What do I do with the miniature of the folly?’. To find the miniature…

5. See ‘How do I solve the Garden Maze?’

What do I do on the other side of the ironbound door?

1. Have you examined the lemniscus?

2. Do you have nine objects that would fit into cylindrical wells?

3. If not, you won’t be ready for a long time. It should be clear what these sockets are for long before you need this room. The next hint explicitly says what they are for.

4. The sockets are for all the rods in the game, except for one. If you don’t know what the rods are, see ‘I read/heard something about rods. What are they, and how do I find them?’. There is also a spherical opening, which is for…

5. A glowing golden orb. To see how to the orb to glow…

6. See ‘What do I do with the golden orb?’. If you don’t have the orb, see…

7. ‘How do I solve the sliding puzzle in the crypt?’. If you don’t know where the crypt is, then you haven’t gotten past this door yet! Once you have all ten rods and the orb…

8. Put all rods except one into the sockets, and put the orb in the spherical opening. To know which rod to leave out, look at the theme in the room.

9. It’s the rod of infinity! Use the rod on the lemniscus after filling everything else up.

5 Likes

Huh!? What’s that?

2 Likes

I enjoy them, personally. This is a nice thing to do for the community. Thanks Brian!

4 Likes

Fakeout clues are there to fix a problem with invisiclues. The issue is that just having the name of a clue is a clue itself. So a section called ‘How do I feed the alligator’ spoils the idea of there being an alligator.

So you make some fake clues to mix in with the others that end with ‘Actually, there is no ______’. That way people can have some mystery about the other clues until they actually run into them.

4 Likes

And also you get to feel really smug after writing them, because you think they’re a lot cleverer than they actually are.

Or rather, that’s the impression I get when I look back at my Scroll Thief invisiclues.

5 Likes

Unreal City

What do I do in the Unreal City?

1. The first time you are here, your main goals are to explore, and to get out.

2. While there are a few interesting locations to look out, your main goal is to meet the clairvoyante and to leave. See ‘What can I do in the consulting room?’ and ‘How do I get ouf of the Unreal City?’. But…

3. You can come back here much later on to do more. See ‘What else can I do with Madame Sosostris?’

4. You still want more to do?

5. There’s nothing else to do until very late in the game.

6. See 'What do I do with the man in the kiosk?

What can I do in the consulting room?

1. Have you looked at everything?

2. Try pushing the bell.

3. You can SAY EVEN or SAY ODD, it doesn’t matter.

4. Did you get kicked out?

5. You can just go back.

6. All you need here right now are the cards.

1. You want more?

2. See 'What else can I do with Madame Sosostris?

What else can I do with Madame Sosostris?

1. The first hint system in the game has a hint about this. Ask about SOSOSTRIS. Otherwise…

2. Have you tried ringing the bell again?

3. Have you tried putting cards on the deck before ringing the bell?

4. Come back here after…

5. You have both have more tarot cards and have seen something related to the Tarot. Specifically…

6. You need to have found the Tarot Box in Hamburg and to have found the bronze mural in the crypt. If you haven’t found these things…

7. See ‘What do I do with the map of Hamburg?’ for Hamburg, and ‘What do I do with the miniature of the folly?’ for the mural. If you haven’t found the mural…

8. See ‘How do I solve the Garden Maze?’. Once you’ve done both of those things…

9. Notice how the symbols on the mural are similar to some tarot cards.

10. The cards the symbols correspond to are…

11. The maiden, the star, and the eight of wands.

12. Try putting those cards on the deck before ringing the bell.

13. Did it not work? Check the order that she dealt them, compared to the order you placed them. Make sure the order she deals matches the order on the mural.

14. Explicitly, you must put Wands, Maiden, and Star on the deck, in that order. Then ring the bell.

15. There is nothing else to do here.

How do I get out of the Unreal City?

1. Have you noticed any means of transportation?

2. There’s a subway, but…

3. It doesn’t go anywhere. There’s also…

4. A boat. But…

5. You can’t reach it.

6. How can you get their attention?

7. Have you tried waving?

8. Just your hand isn’t visible enough.

9. The solution is nearby.

10. Wave the handkerchief.

11. Now the boatman wants something from you.

12. He asked 'Where do you want to go?

13. This is a riddle. Read his whole message. The final answer is…

14. SAY TIME.

What do I do with the man in the kiosk?

1. Do you have a ticket?

2. Hmm, no ticket. Do you have money to buy anything from the man?

3. He only accepts francs.

4. Come back when you have some francs. Don’t have any?..

5. You don’t need to be here until much later in the game.

6. The kiosk is not used to solve any later puzzles.

7. This is one of the last things you’ll do in the game

8. To get francs, see ‘What do I do with the blue stone?’. If you don’t know how to get the blue stone…

9. ‘What do I do in the Roman Villa?’. If you don’t know how to get to the Roman Villa, see…

10. ‘What do I do on the other side of the ironbound door?’ If you don’t know how to open that door…

11. See ‘What do I do with the ironbound door?’ If you don’t know where the ironbound door is, see…

12. How do I reach the basement?

5 Likes

First I thought “I don’t care.” But now I think that’s a good thing.

And/or perhaps a way to organize InvisiClues in levels or chapters which first are invisible (even the questions) until the viewer activates them. Maybe by writing the objective/goal into the InvisiClue number 1 instead into the title?

3 Likes

The Gardens

How do I get to the gardens area?

1. You arrive here from the Unreal City. To leave the Unreal City, see…

2. ‘How do I get out of the Unreal City?’ To get to the Unreal City…

3. ‘What do I do with the poetry book?’ To get the poetry book…

4. ‘How do I keep the books from getting wet?’

How do I get out of the garden area?

1. Have you mapped things out thoroughly?

2. There are a couple of ways out. The easiest and first one is mentioned in hints 2-9. The second is optional and more complex, mentioned in 10 and on.

3. You’d like to get back into the house.

4. Two areas are close to the house: Garden Stream and Beside the Wall.

5. Have you unlocked the coal bunker?

6. It is impossible to unlock the coal bunker from the outside. That leaves…

7. Beside the Wall. Have you explored thoroughly?

8. There is no obvious exit. Maybe it’s hidden?

9. PUSH SHRUB, the OPEN HATCH. You can now go down.

10. The other exit is part of the first transportation system.

11. See I’m stuck somewhere and I can’t get out, hints 4-7. More specifically…

12. If you’ve seen at least two artworks, you can leave with MURAL, LAGACH.

Can I do anything at the family tree?

1. What would you usually do with a tree?

2. What would an adventurer do with a large tree?

3. Climb tree.

4. There’s nothing you have to do. But it can help you…

5. Try looking at the maze.

What can I do in the garage?

1. What have you found so far?

2. All of these items are used somewhere else.

3. Make sure you grab the implement, and the weed killer. For the garden roller, see 'What do I do with the garden roller?

What do I do with the garden roller?

1. Have you examined it?

2. It can be switched on or switched off.

3. You can also enter it.

4. There are two important things you need to do in the roller, and one optional one.

5. The roller is the only way to enter the maze. It’s other essential use is often found accidentally…

6. Have you tried exploring in the roller?

7. See ‘What do I do with the plaster statuette?’

8. The roller has an optional use as well. It is quite heavy…

9. Do you have anything you’ve struggled to open?

10. If you drop the medicine bottle from the demijohn in a room, then visit that room in the roller, it will open the bottle.

What do I do with the vegetable garden?

1. This area is optional, but can help you with the rest of the game.

2. See hints 5-10 of 'How can I get hints in the game itself?

How do I solve the Garden Maze?

1. First, you need a way to enter the maze.

2. You can’t walk on it, as it would disturb the grass.

3. Have you found an alternative means of transportation?

4. You can only traverse the maze while riding the garden roller. See ‘What do I do with the garden roller?’

5. The maze is fairly simple, but you can solve it more easily by…

6. Getting a better view. To get the better view, see…

7. ‘Can I do anything at the family tree?’

8. The viewpoint ledge is the only thing you need to visit the first time around.

9. For future visits, see ‘What do I do with the miniature of the folly?’

What do I do with the miniature of the folly?

1. The first hint system of the game has a hint for this. Show the miniature to the hint giver. Otherwise…

2. Have you checked the description?

3. Have you found any uses for things the size of playing cards? If not, see…

4. ‘How does the slide projector work?’

5. Put the folly in the slot of the slide projector, and go SOUTH. But make sure you’re ready. You only get one shot at this. Specifically, you need…(only hint 6 says what you need, you can skip to 7 if you don’t want it spoiler).

6. The gardening gloves, the weed killer, and a way back. For the way back, see ‘I’m stuck somewhere and I can’t get out!’

7. Now, have you explored this new area? There are two things of interest: the maze foundation (described in hints 8-20), and the folly, described in hint 21 and on.

8. The maze is completely open now. But some areas look different than others…

9. How many different kinds of areas have you found in the maze?

10. There are three different kinds of areas: grass, seedbeds, and whitewash

11. What makes the whitewash special?

12. Have you seen an aerial view of the maze before? If not, see…

13. ‘Can I do anything at the family tree?’. Notice anything special about that square?

14. Your actions in the past can change the future. What have you found that can affect this area?

15. What do you have that can affect plants?

16. Squeezing weedkiller on a seedbed removes it. You only get one shot.

17. Open up a square that will give access to the whitewash area.

18. Squeeze the weedkiller in the room just to the west of the whitewash! But…

19. Have you examined the weedkiller?

20. Make sure you’re wearing the gloves! That’s it for the maze itself.

21. At the folly, there’s not much to do.

22. Have you tried taking the bean pole?

23. You get in trouble soon afterwards. But…

24. It’s essential to the game.

25. Take the pole, and leave. If you can’t, see ‘I’m stuck somewhere and I can’t get out!’

What do I do with the plaster statuette?

1. Plaster isn’t a very strong material, is it?

2. This one is sort of intended to be solved by experimentation. It’s not important for quite a long time.

3. You can’t break the plaster by yourself, but…

4. Running over the plaster statuette with the roller will destroy it.

What do I do with the well?

1. The well is almost entirely unimportant.

2. At some point in the game, something underground will go out through a hole in the ceiling. You can find it at the well.

What can I do at the mosaic?

1. There’s nothing essential here, besides grabbing the ball. If you want more…

2. It can be used for shortcuts.

3. See ‘I’m stuck somewhere and I can’t get out!’ hints 4-7.

5 Likes

Tarot Cards

What do I do with Tarot cards in general?

1. The first in-game hint system has a hint for this. Try asking about CARDS, or showing one of them to the hint-giver (different cards have different messages).

2. This one is kind of tough without the hints given in-game.

3. There are three uses for cards in the game. The first, easiest, and most useful is given in hints 4 and 5. A more late-game use, once you have found many cards, is in hints 6 to 8. An even later-game use is given in hint 9 and on.

4. Have you seen any place that would be an appropriate receptacle for thin rectangular objects?

5. See ‘How does the slide projector Work?’ hints 1-6.

6. One card cannot be used as described above. Specifically, the Eight of Wands.

7. Have you seen eight wands anywhere else? Separately, where have you seen tarot cards in use before?

8. See the hints for ‘What else can I do with Madame Sosostris?’.

9. Have you gotten an in-game hint about the eight of wands, by showing it to the hint-giver?

10. Have you noticed it is long and thin?

11. This is connected to Rods. For rods in general, see 1. ‘I read/heard something about rods. What are they, and how do I find them?’. For this tarot card in particular…

12. See ‘How do I find the Rod of Infinity?’

What do I do with the Grim Reaper card?

1. First, see 'What do I do with Tarot Cards in general.

2. This card is not needed for the rest of the game.

What do I do with the Drowned Sailor card?

2. This card is not needed for the rest of the game.

What do I do with the Fool card?

2. This card doesn’t lead anywhere you need. But…

3. Have you been experimenting with the projector?

4. See ‘What do I do with the smoke alarm?’

What do I do with the Ace of Cups card?

2. Have you tried looking around?

3. There’s more than one thing in the room.

4. Look at the crates.

5. Hmmm. Now you have a ship, and a bottle…

6. The ship doesn’t fit in the bottle, though.

7. Have you inspected the ship?

8. Pull the chain/anchor.

9. The name of the ship has changed now. It’s just a ‘stick’.

10. Put the stick in the bottle.

11. Have you checked out the result?

What do I do with the Fool card?

2. This card doesn’t lead anywhere you need. But…

3. Have you been experimenting with the projector?

4. See ‘What do I do with the smoke alarm?’

What do I do with the Castle card?

3. This area isn’t actually necessary, but it can really help boost your score in the long run.

4. Why is the table rattling?

5. LOOK UNDER TABLE

6. A bomb! But how can you defuse it?

7. There are hints for this around the game; you’ve probably seen them without realizing it.

8. If you wait until you reach a certain late game area, it can give you a clearer hint. Otherwise, skip to hint 11.

9. See ‘What can I do at the Omphalos?’. If you don’t know about the omphalos…

10. See ‘What can I do with the Maiden card?’

11. The wires have 4 colors. Where have you seen those 4 colors before?

12. The scarf in the servant’s room.

13. Pull the wires in the order given by the scarf. Now you have a timer!

What do I do with the Star card?

3. This area isn’t necessary to the rest of the game, although it can give you several points. Hints 4-13 deal with that. This card is also useful in another puzzle, which hints 14 and on deal with.

4. The device at the top has an area with mirrors around it. What does that suggest to you?

5. You need something that produces light.

6. A LOT of light.

7. The photographer’s flash can help.

8. But it needs a LOT of power. And a timer. Hints 9-10 deal with the power, and hint 11 deals with the timer.

9. You need the red battery, found in the demijohn in the attic.

10. See ‘How do I open the demijohn?’

11. For the timer, see ‘What do I do with the Castle card?’

12. Once you have everything in the flash, set the timer on the flash and put it in the mirrored device, then wait.

13. To return, see the transportation system mentioned first in ‘I’m stuck somewhere and I can’t get out!’

14. For the second use, see What else can I do with Madame Sosostris?

What do I do with the Moon card?

2. See ‘What can I do in the church?’

What do I do with the Maiden card?

2. Have you tried looking around? Warning: This area is one of the areas most likely to lock you out of success. Make sure you save before entering!

3. This is an advanced area. If you haven’t learned the central themes of the game, you will make little progress. In particular, while you can save and experiment here, don’t go for real until you have…

4. Obtained and named several Rods (see ‘I read/heard something about rods. What are they, and how do I find them?’ and ‘How do
    I discover the name of a Rod?’. In particular, you need…

5. The rod of returning, the rod of luck, the rod of husbandry, the rod of fire. And, it can’t hurt to have the rod of stalking. Even this isn’t enough, as one of the rods won’t work without additional help…

6. In particular, the rod of luck can’t work while determinism is in effect.

7. See ‘What can I do in the universe maintenance room?’

8. The list of items you need to get out of this area are:

9. The hairband, coordinates from the oracle, an inscribed stone, and an amber gem.

What do I do with Andromeda?

1. The second hint system in the game has a hint about this if you ask about Andromeda. Otherwise…

2. She seems to refuse any help you give her.

3. The game mentions her hairband prominently.

4. Maybe an exchange is in order?

5. Have you been able to explore the whole map?

6. There’s something she can’t resist.

7. You need to give her the Ekmek Special. See ‘What can I do in the tavern?’

What can I do at the Omphalos?

1. Have you looked at the Omphalos?

2. Have you looked up the Omphalos in the dictionary?

3. This looks like a religious site. Have you seen any info related to Greek religion about?

4. A ragged scroll in the Octagonal Chamber has a hint. See ‘How do I get through the sandstone passage?’

5. You need music. Do you have a musical instrument?

6. There’s one in the general region.

7. See ‘What do I do with Homer?’. To get there, see…

8. ‘How do I get past Zeus?’. To reach that point, see…

9. ‘How do I get past the wall of thorns?’. To reach that point, see…

10. ‘How do I get past the goats?’.

11. Now, simply play the syrinx.

The priestess of Apollo won’t talk to me!

1. The second hint system in the game has a hint for this, if you ask about PRIESTESS. Otherwise…

2. What would be an appropriate way to interact with deities and priestesses?

3. Give the priestess an offering. Specifically…

4. Put some food in the urn. Just make sure it’s not food you need. There’s some convenient food nearby…

5. The fig. (Don’t use the Ekmek special!)

What is the oracle talking about?

1. The oracle’s message will be useful in the future. Make sure to write it down!

2. Have you been somewhere with six arches?

3. They may not be as big as you imagine.

4. These coordinates are used for the croquet lawn.

5. The oracle will talk more with more food.

6. These are hints for other areas of the game.

How do I get past the goats?

1. Do you have anything specifically designed to help with goats?

2. You’ll need something pretty powerful to help you here.

3. You’ll need a rod, as mentioned in the main hints for this area. Specifically…

4. The Rod of Husbandry. You can look up ‘How do I get the Rod of Husbandry’, or ‘How do I use rods?’. Simply use the rod on the goats.

How do I get past the wall of thorns?

1. Do you have anything specifically designed to get rid of things?

2. You’ll need something pretty powerful to help you here.

3. The weed killer isn’t nearly strong enough.

4. You’ll need a rod, as mentioned in the main hints for this area. Specifically…

5. The Rod of Fire. You can look up ‘How do I get the Rod of Fire’, or ‘How do I use rods?’. Simply use the rod on the thorns.

What can I do at the tavern?

1. There’s not really any secrets here.

2. You need the dessert.

3. There is some payment nearby.

4. It’s in the Greek temple. To reach it, see…

5. ‘How do I get past Zeus?’ To reach that point, see…

6. ‘How do I get past the wall of thorns?’

How do I get past Zeus?

1. There’s a hint about this in the second in-game hint system. Just ask about Zeus. Otherwise…

2. Read the description when you die. There are two variations. If it mentions him calculating, that means you have the whole weight of the universe working towards hurting you. See hints 3-8. If it mentions luck…where have you heard about that before? See hints 9 and on.

3. If the universe is against you, you need to go against it. Have you seen anything that could help you with that?

4. See '‘What can I do in the universe maintenance room?’. To reach that point…

5. See ‘what can I do in the crypt?’. To reach that point…

6. See ‘what can I do with the bronze mural?’ To reach that point…

7. See ‘What can I do with the miniature of the folly?’ To reach that point…

8. See ‘How do I solve the hedge maze?’

9. You need luck to match the gods!

10. You’ll need something pretty powerful to help you here.

11. You’ll need a rod, as mentioned in the main hints for this area. Specifically…

12. The Rod of Luck. You can look up ‘How do I get the Rod of Luck’, or ‘How do I use rods?’. Simply use the rod on yourself.

What do I do with Homer?

1. The second hint system of the game has a hint about this. Ask about HOMER.

2. He’s sleeping. What do you do with sleeping people?

3. WAKE HOMER

4. He’ll ask you three questions.

5. You should have a way of getting the answers to the first two, although he won’t like it if you do it while he’s watching…

6. You can look up the answers in the dictionary. It may be good to save before doing so.

7. As for the third question…

8. You’ve been asked this before.

9. Aunt Jemima asked you this. What did you tell her?

10. The answer is YELLOW.

What do I do with the statues in the temple?

1. The second in-game hint system has a hint for this, although it’s not very useful.

2. The inscriptions in the temple tell you what to do.

3. You’ll need a guide from another area. Have you seen hieroglyphics elsewhere?

4. You need the old letter, which was found in the octagonal chamber. You may need to look up…

5. ‘How do I get through the Sandstone passage?’ and ‘What do I do with the sketch?’. After that…

6. You’ll need to look at the pumice stone, and at the inscriptions.

7. Roughly, using all those tools, the inscription reads…

8. ‘Move the gods through this’. That means…

9. You need to push the statues, like PUSH STATUE SE. To know where to push them…

10. Look at the decorations in the room, and match the gods to the descriptions, using the dictionary if you don’t know about the gods.

What do I do with the oubliette?

1. The second hint system of the game has a hint about this. Otherwise…

2. I honestly think this is one of the most unfair puzzles in the game.

3. You need to get the gem without setting off the trap.

4. You need to find a way to stop the walls from crushing you.

5. Something can block them.

6. But you can’t block it from inside. You need to be outside when you block it.

7. Most things you put in the hole just fall in. You need something the right size.

8. Only two items in the game work. One of them is nearby and mentions its size.

9. Put the inscribed stone in the hole, then get the gem. Make sure to pick up the stone on the way out!

6 Likes

Hamburg

How do I get past the steel barriers?

1. You don’t need anything from other areas to solve this.

2. You need a distraction.

3. See ‘What do I do with the revolving door?’

What do I do with the revolving door?

1. The first hint system of the game has a hint about this. Just ask about REVOLVING. Otherwise…

2. The problem with a revolving door is that you’ll never see what’s on the other side.

3. Unless…

4. You turn the door while you’re outside of it.

5. From the outside, turn the door, then go NE to see what’s in it.

What do I do with the beach ball?

1. It’s not something you can take.

2. Have you learned any other ways to move objects besides taking them?

3. Push the beach ball SW, then S.

I’ve been captured by Doktor Stein!

1. You have two problems.

2. The first problem is that you need a way out. See ‘I’m stuck somewhere and I can’t get out!’

3. The second is that you have been poisoned!

4. There’s a hint about this somewhere, but it’s very hard to find. In fact, getting that hint without already having solve this locks you out of victory, but you can save and restore. To see how to get that hint, see hint 5, otherwise skip to 6.

5. See ‘What can I do at the Omphalos?’. If you get 3 hints from this source, one will be about the poison.

6. A poison needs an antidote. Have you seen anything that can possibly be an antidote?

7. The antidote is found very early in the game.

8. You need to eat the medicine tablet. If you haven’t opened the medicine bottle, see ‘How do I open the medicine bottle?’

4 Likes

I never realized this puzzle was quite that cruel! I just solved it by guessing.

What is the clue, and how does it lock you out of victory?

3 Likes

Middle of house and northeastern parts

How do I get through the sandstone passage?

1. The first hint system of the game has a hint about this, if you ask about ‘Sandstone’.

2. This one is mostly solved by accident in the course of pursuing other puzzles. Without the hint system, solving this directly is almost impossible.

3. But, if you really want to know…

4. You need to have found somewhere to sleep.

5. Specifically, a second place to sleep; the servant’s cot won’t cut it.

6. Have you found another bed in the attic? If not, see…

7. ‘What do I do with the romantic novel?’.

8. Can’t sleep? See…

9. ‘How do I sleep on the comfortable bed?’

10. From here, see ‘What do I do in the melancholy dream?’

What do I do with the coffin?

1. For once the hint system is misleading here, as asking about COFFIN refers to another coffin in the game.

2. Have you examined the coffin?

3. Something in the room can help you, but it’s kind of hidden. You’re likely to discover this item later on.

4. Specifically, one item in the room is hiding another…

5. Have you tried putting the sketch where you put other small flat things?

6. It doesn’t fit in the projector. Why not?

7. Open or break the frame. You’ll find a letter.

8. This letter will help you translate the hieroglyphics.

9. What are the ‘god things’ being referred to?

10. What are the most powerful things in the game?

11. This is about rods. If you haven’t seen them yet, see ‘I read/heard something about rods. What are they, and how do I find them?’

12. You can put rods in the coffin, then close the coffin, then open it. Just watch out for…

13. Electricity. You need something to protect your hands. Specifically, see…

14. How do I get the gardening gloves?

What can I do with the picture hook?

1. You can hang a picture on it, if you find one.

2. This is part of a larger but optional puzzle. It is…

3. One of the transportation systems of the game. See the hints on ‘I’m stuck somewhere and I can’t get out!’

What can I do on the croquet lawn?

1. There is a hint for this in the second hint system, if you ask about CROQUET.

2. There are two things you can do here. One is fairly easy to deduce, and is mentioned in hints 3-6. The other is harder to guess, and is mentioned in hints 7 and on.

3. What do you usually do with a croquet lawn?

4. You play croquet! The mallet is out in the open nearby. Where could you find a ball?

5. The ball is outdoors somewhere…

6. The ball was on the roman mosaic in the gardens. You can just hit the ball with the mallet!

7. For the other idea…have you heard croquet mentioned anywhere else?

8. It’s mentioned in an advanced area of the game.

9. Someone mentions six hoops somewhere. If you haven’t heard someone mention six hoops, you’re too early.

10. The place where you hear about six hoops is…

11. The oracle. If you don’t know what to do here, see ‘What can I do at the Omphalos?’

12. This gives you coordinates. You can WALK or PACE [number] EAST/WEST and PACE [number] NORTH/SOUTH. Knowing which number is which direction is just guess and check, giving you 4 options.

13. Once you’ve paced, then what?

14. How do you investigate things underground?

15. Dig with the spade.

What do I do with the summer house?

1. The second hint system of the game has a hint for this. Just ask about SUMMER. For some reason ‘SUMMERHOUSE’ has two different hints associated to it, and only one displays.

2. Your main goal here is the watch.

3. The birds have to be involved somehow.

4. Do you have anything that could influence them?

5. The thing you need is in the attic.

6. Use the bird whistle in the summer house!

7. Didn’t work?

8. Read the text about the sparrows when you enter and exit.

9. Your presence disturbs them.

10. You need another way to get in without disturbing them.

11. See ‘What do I do with the squirrel?’

12. If you don’t see a squirrel, see…

13. ‘What can I do on the croquet lawn?’ hints 1-6.

14. To get the watch, enter the summer house through the crack, then blow the bird whistle.

What do I do with the squirrel?

1. The second hint system of the game has a hint about this. Just ask about SQUIRREL.

2. What kind of things do you associate with squirrels?

3. You need some nuts. If you don’t have any nuts, see…

4. ‘What do I do with the bird nest?’ If you haven’t seen the bird nest, see…

5. ‘What do I do with the smoke alarm?’

6. Have you tried giving the nuts to the squirrel?

7. The squirrel is a greedy jerk.

8. The squirrel won’t let you do most things to the board, but…

9. You can put the nuts in the board/crack, which will open it up for you.

5 Likes

You can get the clue from listening to the third message by the oracle.

But that means you have to go to the Maiden card area before you have the rod of husbandry, since you get that important item from the very clue that you’re there to learn. Since you only get one shot at that area, you will be locked out of further victory.

4 Likes

Crypt

What can I do with the bronze mural?

1. The second hint system of the game has a hint if you ask about ‘mural’.

2. Have you seen the images on the mural anywhere else?

3. If not, you should continue exploring. If you have, you’ll notice they match up with…

4. The tarot cards found in Hamburg.

5. Three tarot cards, in a specific order. Where have you seen that before?

6. See ‘What else can I do with Madame Sosostris?’

7. Have you already done all that?

8. Do you have anything specifically designed to help with bronze?

9. You’ll need something pretty powerful to help you here.

10. You’ll need a rod. If you don’t know about rods (unlikely at this point!) see ‘I read/heard something about rods. What are they, and how do I find them?’. You specifically need…

11. The Rod of Bronze, which you got from Madame Sosostris. You can look up ‘How do I get the Rod of Husbandry’, or ‘How do I use rods?’.

12. Simply use the rod on the mural.

How do I solve the sliding puzzle in the crypt?

1. The second hint system in the game has a hint for this if you ask about GRID or PANEL or CONTRAPTION.

2. Have you found anything else in the tomb that can help you here?

3. Have you looked up Henri in the history book?

4. You are trying to recreate his coat of arms.

5. There seems to be two versions of this puzzle in different versions of the game, possibly unintentionally so.

6. If your game starts out close to the intended solution (i.e if it starts like:
    H B P
    N E L
    A C O
    R K S
    I T .

Then you can just slide the most logical blocks in a row, namely…

1. Slide T, slide K, slide C, slide A, slide N, slide E, slide L, slide O, slide S, slide T.

2. In some versions the text is backwards. Have you noticed anything that would help you with that?

3. There is a metal wall in the room. What substance is it made of?

4. Bronze. Use the rod of bronze on it. Now you have a splendid mirror!

5. What do you do with mirrors in a fantasy game?

6. Go North, and solve the puzzle from that side.

Is that really all there is in the crypt?

1. No.

2. Have you noticed anything unusual in the crypt?

3. Have you checked out everything carefully?

4. Have you made extra sure about anything you’re uncertain of?

5. Try smelling twice in the catacombs.

What can I do in the universe maintenance room?

1. Well, you can mess around with Planck’s constant using the dial.

2. Probably a bad idea.

3. There’s only one other thing you can possibly do in this room.

4. Turn off determinism in the universe. If you really want to know what effect this has…

5. It makes the rod of luck actually work.

5 Likes

Dreams and inside objects

What can I learn from the dream in the servant’s room?

1. This dream is optional. There is a way to lose points (in hint 2), though, and a way to gain useful information (in the rest of the hints).

2. Taking the mascot will give you -50 points. This is not useful.

3. Watch the druidess; she says LAGACH to an image. What happens if you say LAGACH to images?

4. Saying MOSAIC, LAGACH or PAINTING, LAGACH, etc. in this game will allow you to travel from place to place. It may be possible to win without learning this, but it is difficult.

What can I do in the Melancholy dream?

1. Pay very close attention to everything you see; it’s vital to the rest of the game. The hint about what is important to learn is hint 2, hints about what to do next are in 3 and on.

2. Notice that the druid ‘strikes’ the rod. Remember that verb for similar objects!

3. It seems like there’s nowhere to go. Except…

4. You don’t seem completely tangible.

5. Maybe you have more freedom in this dream than usual?

6. Try going east through the sandstone passage.

7. Now what? Have you tried looking around?

8. Have you looked at the hieroglyphics?

9. There are only a few objects you can interact with.

10. Turn the wheel.

11. Still here?

12. This is one of those areas you can’t leave easily.

13. What does the response to WAKE UP say?

14. They’re wrong. How do you usually get out of a dream?

15. Pinch or hit yourself.

What do I do in the ship?

1. This area is very important and has a lot you can miss out on. Make sure you save here.

2. Have you explored every area? Examined everything?

3. There are three things you need out of this area. The next hint says what they are; hints 5 and on say how to get the hardest to find one.

4. The spar, the flag, and the branch with pollen.

5. The flag looks important, but how can you grab it?

6. Taking it just holds it in your hand. You need more force.

7. Try taking the flag before going onto the flagpole. It should help you glide down.

8. To leave, notice what item hasn’t been used yet.

9. Have you turned the capstan?

10. Climb the chain.

11. Make sure you have everything you need! You won’t be coming back.

What do I do inside the golden orb?

1. Have you waited for a while?

2. What’s going on?

3. This is a chess game

4. The solution will require a lot of power. You don’t need to be here until very near the end.

5. Have you looked up everything you’ve found in the history book?

6. Including the lady whose bust was destroyed in the process of getting the orb (or earlier in the game?)

7. Her name is Helene. Have you also looked up her husband?

8. You need to use a rod here. Specifically…

9. The rod of sacrifice. See ‘How do I find the Rod of Sacrifice?’

10. But make sure your timing is right.

11. Use the rod of sacrifice on the chessboard when it’s white’s turn.

5 Likes