Introducing Ourselves

Welcome!

The graphical version is still available :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Parjeter,

You are already accomplished with two complete games!

I wouldnā€™t think you need to compensate anyone to beta test your games. If you canā€™t find anyone better I would be willing to give a twine game a try. No compensation needed other than possibly a reciprocal beta test sometime in the future.

2 Likes

Hmm, when I loaded it up a few seconds ago it was just the console, now it is working. Maybe the window size was the problem.

Thank you for your interest in testing. It is a fairly long game so the offer stands. (Then again, I am not very good at games so maybe other people can beat my game faster than I can!)

Hitchhikerā€™s Guide was also my introduction to IF, albeit not the BBC graphic version - I played it when it was released in 200x to promote the movie. :slight_smile:

The Infocom text adventure game was released in 1984! I played it back then. Was there a new version released in 2000x to accompany the film?

2 Likes

Not a new version, they just put out the old one for free on the filmā€™s website. My only familiarity with text adventures before that was Thy Dungeonman :wink: but I was a big Douglas Adams fan and I played it a bunch.

That led me to the other Infocom classics, which eventually led me to Graham Nelsonā€™s
Games.

3 Likes

Excellent! Thanks for the info. Glad it was a gateway game for you :slight_smile: Itā€™s still my favourite IF game of all time. Oh and welcome if I havenā€™t said so already!

1 Like

Hello! My name is Kathryn, nice to meet you!

I was raised with interactive fiction but never realized that there was an online community for it until recently! Iā€™m currently working on my first Twine game, which Iā€™m hoping to submit to IFComp this year. You can see some illustrations that Iā€™ve made for the game here, and Iā€™ll be posting updates periodically here. Iā€™m excited to learn from you all!

14 Likes

Your artwork is very nice. I look forward to the associated game.

1 Like

Yes, I love the art style, too!

1 Like

Hello Kathryn, and welcome

1 Like

Wellcome kathynli. Very cool ilustrations, nice and great stuff.

1 Like

Thank you all for the kind words! I look forward to finishing and sharing the game :))

3 Likes

Names Zalzany, ausie pals well former aussie pals use to just call me Zed. Havenā€™t played online with thme in ages but prefer Zed or Zal for most part. I am 36.

I touched some text games back in the day but never really got into them till more recently. Even then its more renpy, but lately I been finding a ton of NSFW twine games while bored I played them, and honestly suprised how good a text heavy game can be. So use to graphic ones, like I have dinked around a ton with RPGM never really built anyting I liked it for retro feel but hated making maps, so relied big time on story and dialogue.

Its why recently with my spirit improving from my meds (got anxiety and ptsd) I started working on dinking around with projects and decied to go twine sugarcube this time. Still not 100% sure what I am making, in fact enjoying learning more about how to make stuff right now then making it. I still like visuals but more like cg, like I spent more then I want to admit in the past on daz 3d for assets for cg for my failed RPGM projects. And honestly they work really well for helping set the scene for twine game. Just pick here and there when you enter a new zone to help the imagination a little. And since it is self rendered it kind helps me paint the picture in my head more even if I use a ton of premade assets.

7 Likes

Welcome to Intfiction. I look forward to your games.

1 Like

Wellcome adventurer and master of dungeons. I am awaiting for your work.

2 Likes

Hi, iā€™m new here, but not new to the concept of text adventuresā€¦ Playing them ever since my cbm 64 way back in the day. As I became ever more serious about writing books, i started to look into interactive fiction as a pursuit of meaning. Couple of years down the road, and not having that much experience programming, i havenā€™t come very far but i like what i got to do sofar.

Hi.

12 Likes

Hello,
My name is Jan Antkowiak. I study Psychology at Adam Mickiewicz University. I have chosen to examine gaming engagement in interactive story games and social skills for my thesis. Since it is a forum for players I assumed it would be an appropriate place to collect data. I am counting on you :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Good to meet you, good luck with your thesis. Social studies in combination with psychology seems like a hotbed for discovery of interest.

You can count on us butā€¦
ā€¦I donā€™t really think IF games may be the most enganger one from the catalogue.
My sons play shooters, finding objects games and see too many tv serials.