Introducing Ourselves

Hi All!
I must admit that Iā€™m completely new to all things IF (except when followed closely by a THEN).
However, I was recently introduced to this medium, this community, and all you nice folks here by my beloved, @Ally. I was lucky enough to accompany her on her journey as she created and submitted her very first IFComp submission.
It was great fun and Iā€™m looking forward to helping her on many more projects to come!
Weā€™ve also been playing IF games together, exploring the amazing stories that all of you have created :grinning:
I am humbled and impressed by everyoneā€™s creativity and ingenuity, and I hope that we are able to make some worthy contributions as well.

24 Likes

:partying_face:
Welcome!!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Sophia and Allyson (and maybe Tabitha too) have a good habit to drag their friends into the forum, so thatā€™s nice to hear!

5 Likes

Welcome to the amazing rabbithole that is IF! And to this, its forum of deep-burrowing followers.

8 Likes

Hello! My name is Max and I am a 29(30 on sunday) year old Chef. Last night, I was drifting off to sleep when my eyes shot open and I said ā€œI wonder if anyone still makes old-style text adventures.ā€ Then googled ā€œtext adventure subredditā€ and fell asleep. This morning I began looking into things and found my way here. I have spent a whopping two hours at the bar learning Inform 7 and so far know how to make a room, an NPC, and to make them answer question! Happy to be here and looking forward to figuring out the hobby more!

21 Likes

OMGOSH ANOTHER FOODIE :smiley:
WELCOME :smiley:
I hope you donā€™t judge us too hard on our food tastes :joy:

5 Likes

None of those look bad at all! Ill have to toss a few things in from my restaurant I work.(Fine French-inspired bistro)

4 Likes

We got a few Francophones of our own here (like meeee). We are actually in the Voting Period of the French Comp right now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome!

Your timing is a little off, you just missed the Recipe Jam. (Recipe Jam - Details (ifdb.org))

But adding things like the creole quail to the recipe thread is just as appreciated.

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

Back in the day I played Zork 1,2 & 3 and Deadline on my little Commodore 64. They inspired me to program games & stuff in Basic, all terrible of course.

Over the last few months Iā€™ve written a game with Inform 7 called ā€˜Lulu and the Asteroid of 100% Guaranteed Doomā€™. I look forward to hanging out and writing more games with you all! Thanks for having me.

15 Likes

Hi Zeth!

Itā€™s always nice to see new faces. Iā€™ll also look forward to seeing you around!

I wanted to make a joke about 100% doom, but I canā€™t think of oneā€¦ Back me up here everyone! :joy:

5 Likes

Hi Zeth,

Welcome. I look forward to Lulu once it gets out of beta.

5 Likes

Itā€™s said that the game DOOM can run on anythingā€¦ so maybe weā€™re all surrounded by Appliances of 100% Guaranteed DOOM? :wink:

8 Likes

hello! iā€™m mo (they/them). iā€™ve been idly playing bits of if here and there for years, as well as tinkering with twine in my spare time, but iā€™ve only lately begun spending more time on it and interacting with the community. it feels a bit like iā€™m doing things backwards (submitted a game to this yearā€™s spring thing, and then subsequently discovered the existence of this forum and had a moment of Oh Wait Lots Of People Talk About This Stuff!) but iā€™m happy to be here. i havenā€™t been on a forum in years, so iā€™ll probably be wandering about getting lost for a bit. :smile:

18 Likes

Oh, so youā€™re the author of that Aubrey and Valentine game? Well, come on in! There will be people to guide you around, donā€™t worry!

2 Likes

I had a similar experience last year, only joining the forum and realizing the extent of the community after entering Spring Thing, so youā€™re not alone!

10 Likes

Iā€™ve started posting rather recently and Iā€™m now one of the many contributors who enjoy talking about This Stuff.

Welcome to the Lots of People Talk About This Stuff club!

10 Likes

Hi everyone!

Iā€™m Anais, and Iā€™ve recently been introduced to writing IF. (Before I mainly wrote longform fiction.) Iā€™ve participated in Introcomp 2023 with @Draconis, which has recently been finished and entered into the Spring Thing. The work is called Loose Ends, and for those who look into it, I hope you enjoy!

Iā€™ll probably be a bit of a lurker, but I look forward to meeting everyone.

20 Likes

Hello and welcome! Glad to see you here!

Iā€™ll get you added to the Spring Thing Authors group asap!

5 Likes

Welcome Anais!

Slowly working my way through the SpringThing games. Iā€™m eager to play Loose Ends. From the quick look-see I did, it looks promising.

Enjoy your time here, lurking or talking.

9 Likes