IntroComp will be back in 2023

Hello, everyone.

IntroComp has been around since 2002, and unfortunately will be on a little break during this, its twentieth year. However! We do anticipate that this will just be a one year pause. The Interactive Fiction Technology Foundation has agreed to adopt the competition at the request of its most recent organizer, Xalavier Nelson Jr, and to recruit and train a new competition organizer.

If you’ve ever wanted to get more involved in the interactive fiction community and help other people who want to make games, this would be a great way to get started. Running a smaller competition like this is also a great way to build your project management and organization skills, and it can be an interesting addition to your resume.

Later this summer, IFTF will begin recruitment for a new organizer. As the person who ran this competition from 2003-2017, I will help the new organizer get through their first year. If you want to be notified when we begin recruitment in earnest, please send an email to interactive.fiction.introcomp at gmail dot com

Great big super humungous thanks to my friend Nelson for being the organizer these past few years, and for the innovations he made to it! I am hopeful that we’ll find someone to keep IntroComp going, as I know how useful it’s been to so many authors over the years.

21 Likes

I’m glad to hear that!

1 Like

Good news! I have a game ready. I’ll have time to polish further.

1 Like

Me too, but mine’s unready :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! Hopefully I’ll have done something about my inability to finish anything and have something to submit by then. :sweat_smile:
Thanks for the good news.

1 Like