IntroComp Entries Available, Voting Open

Hooray, IntroComp 2011 is now underway!

Thirteen entries, voting open through July 17th.

Head to http://www.allthingsjacq.com/introcomp/ to get the comp zip and vote.

A reminder of some rules: Authors may not vote. Beta testers are allowed to vote, but only on games they did not test. Everyone else in the entire world may vote on as many or as few entries as they like, on the usual 1-10 scale (10 being the best). However, they are asked to judge games with one thought in mind, and one alone: “How much do I want to play more of this entry?”

Reviews may be posted during the voting period, but authors must refrain from discussing any entries in a public Internet forum during the voting period and may not canvass for votes. Once the competition has begun, authors should refrain from posting their thoughts on any entry until the deadline for voting has passed. (Though it is fine if authors make a blog post that is very general and basically says, “Hey, IntroComp is underway, go to allthingsjacq.com/introcomp/ to get the entries and vote.”)

Good luck to all the authors!

• Jacqueline

PS - If any IntroComp-related issues arise, please send a note to jacqueline.a.lott@gmail.com – though it should be noted that I am going camping. I will be back later in the weekend, so please do not fret if I don’t respond to an e-mail immediately. [emote];)[/emote]

Yay, look at all those entries!

Note that the two “Choice of” entries in the zip file may not work properly if you just open them up.

The best way to play those games is online:

Choice of Zombies: choiceofgames.com/zombies/
Choice of the Petal Throne: choiceofgames.com/user-contr … al-throne/

Finally [emote]:)[/emote]

Thanks, Dan. I didn’t realize there was a difference between browsers, so I tested the links I’d included, they worked, and while one author caught the error I didn’t really get the nature of why there was an error and made a different error before releasing the zip. That last sentence may or may not make any sense! But the short version is that I’ve uploaded a new zip file that addresses these issues, as well as posted live links to all the Choice Of stuff in a new post to this forum (see http://www.intfiction.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2735).

I’d just like to point out that this was my error, not one on the part of any authors or Choice Script.

• Jacqueline