IntroComp 2013 is History

Thank you to everyone who participated in this year’s IntroComp. The results are as follows:

1st Place — Best Laid Plans, by David Whyld
2nd Place — Akkoteaque, by A C
3rd Place — The Vanishing Conjurer, by Marshal Tenner Winter

Honorable Mentions:
(In alphabetical order)

• The Example of the Chicken Sexer, by Simon Christiansen
  • First, by Shannon Prickett
  • Werewolves Rising, by Jimmy Ronald
  • What happened in 1984, by Hunter Hoke

Keep in mind that there’s potential prize money. For info on that, or to download the introductions if you didn’t already get a chance to play them, visit the IntroComp site at allthingsjacq.com/introcomp/

See you in 2014.

• Jacqueline

Congrats all! And great ceremony, Jacq [emote]:D[/emote]

Thanks for everyone who voted for my own humble effort, and well done to everyone else who entered the comp. And big thanks to Jacq for organising it in the first place.

Thanks everyone!

Congratulations to all the winners! I’m sorry I couldn’t make the ceremony. Is there a transcript available?

Now that the competition is over, I can finally point out that the ABOUT menu for “The Example of the Chicken Sexer” contains a detailed description of how I plan to expand the game, as part of an agile work process. I should probably have made that more clear in-game.

Hey! Now I can finally talk about mine, too.

http://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=gerek8m4ra517fk4

Hey all, my game is up on the ol’ IFDB if you wanna review it or rate it or whatever! It kinda got buried in a slew of listings today. [emote]:P[/emote]

Is this a newer version?

Not yet, it’s the comp version for now. David Welbourne put it up for me and I added the tags and pic on the listing.

Congrats to the winners! Since I can talk about stuff now, I can say I’m not surprised to see the games I tested place. You guys were prepared and had good ideas. Here’s to people finishing their games, placing or not.

I’m disappointed I missed the awards ceremony, and I wish I would’ve paid more attention to Simon’s ABOUT. I always try it when I evaluate a game, honest I do!