Interactive Fiction Clubs for Students

Hi, All,

On June 26, a group of students read “A Bear’s Night Out” at the Pollard Memorial Library, in Lowell, Massachusetts, USA. The next week, a pair of high-school students began interacting with “The Origin of Madame Time.” If past performances are any indication, many of these young people, aged eleven though eighteen, will be back for more of the library’s Interactive Fiction Club, which began in 2009.

Are there other IF club’s around? If so, might we collaborate, perhaps offering an occasional group reading via Skype? I know of one other IF club, in Chennai, India. This club that was founded by a “graduate” of the Lowell group. It would be exciting to hear of other IF clubs, wherever they may be.

Peace,
Brendan

1 Like

Clubs for students are relatively rare as far as I know, but there are a number of IF meetups that are welcoming to teens and kids accompanied by their parents.

Copied and pasted from the sidebar of https://emshort.blog/

2 Likes

Hi, All,

Thanks to Dan for his reply.

We’ve had the occasional young person at the People’s Republic of IF meetups, but I don’t think the young folks usually come back to a second meeting.

Peace,
Brendan

1 Like