Inform 7 in Portuguese, how to implement/hints/cheats/roadmap?

Hi,
I am a professor in a Brazilian University and I would like to extend Inform 7 for Portuguese.
I already saw a presentation proposing Inform 7 for other languages, from the author, and I am aware of a extension for Italian.

Is there any direction to do that? A roadmap?
Can I “steal” from the French and Italian versions?

Any help would be welcome, I just used Inform 7 to write small adventures, but I have a specific demand now.

Thanks,

Geraldo

2 Likes

I’m the maintainer of the French extension, and you can definitely “steal” from it! (But a mention in the credits would still be welcome.)

I think the best way is to copy parts of the extension (French or another language), paste them piece by piece in a new extension and change them for Portuguese.

First, if you don’t need adaptive text (so games will only be in present tense at the second person), a good starting point would be the responses and the “understand” lines.

Things to bear in mind:

• Adaptive verbs don’t work with 6M62, so if you need them, you’ll have to use 6L38. (The French extension is only compatible with the latter.)
  • You’ll need to add a file in the installation of Inform that indicates the new language and the extension’s author.
  • A new version of Inform was supposed to land last year. It didn’t, but when it’ll be released, lots of things will likely need to be changed in language extension.

A language extension is a lot of work, so don’t hesitate to ask questions!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the hints.
Credit where credit is due is my lemma, I hope I can manage to finish it one day.

Merci Beaucoup!

Geraldo Xexéo