Inform 6 support in Notepad++

Hello.

I made a package of syntax highlighting and auto-completion for NPP. These tools include more than 600 keywords and statements of I6 and RInform (Russian Inform library).

inform6_npp.zip (10.4 KB)

UDL INSTALLATION GUIDE

To install UDL (User Defined Language) choose Language → User Defined Language → Define your language. Then import inform6_udl.xml from userDefineLangs folder. To add the language to language bar choose Inform 6 from drop-down list and press Save as Inform. To apply language to the current document just click on language bar and choose Inform. Inform 6 can be safely removed from the list.

All keywords and statements are grouped in categories (based on DM4 and IBG):

<operators 1,2> (orange) — statements
<delimiter 1> (light green) — strings
<delimiter 2> (green) — dictionary words
<delimiter 3> (blue) — compilation parameters
<delimiter 5> (grey) — comments
<1st group> (jade) — tokens
<2nd group> (blue) — directives
<3rd group> (drab) — ZSCII, opcodes
<4th group> (violet) — library constants, variables, objects, arrays and classes
<5th group> (brown) — object properties
<6th group> (yellow) — object attributes
<7th group> (drab) — actions
<8th group> (white) — built-in (library) routines and functions
default style (coral) — user constants, variables and routines
numbers — burgundy

Input case is important.

To modify UDL use Define your language form. All changes are saved and applied automatically. To save changes to a file press Export.

https://npp-user-manual.org/docs/user-defined-language-system/

AUTO-COMPLETION INSTALLATION GUIDE

To install auto-completion copy autoCompletion folder to installed folder Notepad++. The changes will take effect after restarting the program. You can set up auto-completion mode in menu Settings → Preferences → Auto-completion.

https://npp-user-manual.org/docs/auto-completion/

7 Likes

This is really nice! It’s great to see how you’ve organized things. I wrote a really rough UDL for I7 but not with as much rigor as you had. It basically just flagged volume/book/chapter etc., but I never figured how to un-highlight if “book” or “part” appeared mid-line.

I think this I6 example could provide a great roadmap for I7 & it might help me revisit that. Especially since I’m not the only person on here who seems to use Notepad++ to keep track of code… I7 language file for Notepad++?

1 Like

I’m glad this thing was useful to someone besides me :slightly_smiling_face:. Unfortunately, I7 is not translated into my native language. Anyway, good luck to you!

Notepad++ in my opinion is the best writing tool, I use it for pretty much everything. I have a rudimentary one that highlights only a few keywords but this seems very impressive.

1 Like