Inform 6.35 is out

David K has pushed out Inform 6.35: Release Inform 6.35 · DavidKinder/Inform6 · GitHub

Most of the features have been mentioned in forum threads here. No big surprises.

9 Likes

Following up on this, I’m making ready to push out a new release of the Inform6 for Unix package. I just need to fix one last irritating bug in the Standard Library.

6 Likes

if the bug is irritating, try to break a bit; believe it or not, the backburner works wonders (indeed often I fight against a bug/trouble, I take a break, and often the solution came in mind spontaneously… often together with a D’OH ! moment, I confess :wink: )

Thanks for your efforts and
Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

I have released a version for EPOC32 (Psion devices) here:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for doing this. Feeling the retro love :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

What makes this bug most irritating is that it has been on the back burner for two years. See Distinguishing HER-personal from HER-possessive

I fully understand the feeling (WIPs since mid-late 90s…)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

In all those debating I forgot the most important reporting:

I6 6.35r2 work perfect, out of the box, without issues :slight_smile: recompiled every WIP and (elaborate) sandboxes, w/o issues, aside that .z8s got a ~3k bigger size. (not an immediate issue for me,if any: the largest WIP here being still under the 256k limit of a .z5)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

1 Like