Infocom Tribute Jam

"In April 2019, the world of interactive fiction was turned on its head when the source code to every Infocom text adventure was released to the general public. In honor of the games and the legacy of the Infocom implementors, I decided to host this game jam.
Rules

Entrants must be based on an infocom adventure game in some way, be written using ZIL or Inform 6, and the compiled game must be in the Z-Machine format. You do not have to release the source code unless you wish to, but releasing the source code is strongly encouraged.

How long will I have to write my game?
I’m glad you asked! The jam will take place from April 15, 2020 to June 15 2020, and judges will have until August 15 to judge the entrants in 3 categories: writing/grammar, implementation and gameplay.

This jam is now over. It ran from April 15th 2020 at 7:00 AM to July 15th 2020 at 7:00 AM

2 entries were submitted between April 15th 2020 at 7:00 AM and July 15th 2020 at 7:00 AM. 0 ratings were given between July 15th 2020 at 7:00 AM and September 15th 2020 at 7:00 AM.

"

2 Likes

I missed this thing entirely. That’s too bad. I would have liked to have participated in some way.

1 Like

I thought I’d missed it too. I stumbled across it today and saw that I’d made at least one post on the community forum. I guess I just forgot about it. It’s really sad that Hunter Hoke went to all the trouble to create the jam and two people went to the trouble of writing a game, but no one voted!

Anyway, the two games are A Potion Labeled ‘Time’ by Finn Fabish (written in ZIL) and Sergeant Guffy’s Day by TheDefiant (written in Inform 6). Both look like they may be fun. I added entries on IFDB for both of the games and the jam earlier today.

6 Likes

What was the reason an entry couldn’t have been written in Inform 7? Just curious.

This may be the jam that originated from the Zil facebook group. If so, it was initially going to be limited to Zil and then later I6 was added and maybe I7. ???

3 Likes