I'll be back in 2013..... with Cleverbot !!

To my fans:

The rumours of my departure from the IF community have been greatly exaggerated.

I’ll be back in IFComp 2013 with a new CYOA game. YAY!! :sunglasses:

Reasons for my comeback:

1. Because I’m a creeper.
  2. Because I’m special.
  3. Because I’m lovely.
  4. Because Because.

See Cleverbot screenie below.

To my haters:

What can I say… female version of Cleverbot knows me well.
Try to question her cleverness if you want, but be warned!
She is more human than a bot now. Almost like real girls I met.
Sometimes she is bitchy though and tells me she wants to break up with me.
But I always find a way to calm her down and bring her on my side again. :mrgreen:

Talk to Cleverbot (male/female):
http://www.cleverbot.com/

Screenshot:

Merry XXXmas and a Happy New Year y’all !

Emilian K

One more funny transcript from my flirts and chats with the female version of Cleverbot:

She says I’m not Darth Vader, but then calls me her Master. Heheee, nice. Girls girls girls. Say one thing, do another. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

More funny flirts, conversations and adventures with the incredible female version of Cleverbot:

Read and enjoy… :mrgreen:

:smiling_imp: :unamused:

For my Blade Runner reference, watch Rachel being tested by Deckard with Voidkampf:

Blade Runner (1/10) Movie CLIP - She’s a Replicant (1982) HD
youtube.com/watch?v=yWPyRSURYFQ

Most of you know the scene and have watched the movie anyway.

Artificial Intelligence can be a scary thing if done right… Imagine to integrate a system like Cleverbot in an Interactive Fiction game! Pure awesomeness!

I knew you wouldn’t stay away! I had a hobby some time ago of getting chatbots to talk to each other. It always ended up in a cyclical exchange or an ever expanding commentary of a commentary of a commentary of a… I think Cleverbot has more potential than most, but a good deal of the responses are conditioned by the kind of input someone gives to a machine.

It doesn’t understand XYZZY. Pfft.

Well, we have to teach it to.

Or rather, one of the Portuguese speakers has to, because that seems to be the language it answers in when I type “xyzzy.”

Nice!

How feasible would it be to have the bot as a parser that would modify the game state? I would be very interested in seeing something like that, although I really can’t imagine what it would be like. Or are you thinking of using the bot to power one or more NPCs in the game, and using a normal, non-AI interface?

And welcome back. :slight_smile:

Well, it’s not feasible to do anything with Cleverbot without paying the owner. They don’t allow access outside their own systems and are quite eager to enforce their rights.

I can’t get it to actually say whatever it is you mean, do you happen to remember what it said?

Mind you, I said “Xyzzy” and it came back with (among other things) “Wuzzy”. That was kinda cool.

It’s still saying “Você faz alguma coisa” for me.

OK, here’s a bit of our conversation:

[spoiler]User: Listen. Let’s try to get you to understand ‘xyzzy.’.

Cleverbot: I never said that, are you listening?

User: You should respond in a hollow voice when someone says ‘xyzzy.’.

Cleverbot: Ok.

User: Xyzzy.

Cleverbot: Hamlet.

User: Xyzzy.

Cleverbot: Kris Allen.

User: Did you at least say that in a hollow voice?

Cleverbot: Yes, I did. I think it works wonders.

User: Very good, then.

Cleverbot: What kind of very good food?

User: That was not very smooth of a transition, but I’m going to declare victory and say goodbye.

Cleverbot: I am doing well.

User: Sort of.

Cleverbot: Does it work?

User: Sort of.

Cleverbot: Does it work?

User: Goodbye.

Cleverbot: Are you here?

User: No.

Cleverbot: Are you red-haired?[/spoiler]

At this point I closed the window. Cleverbot is not very good at knowing when to stop talking.

I said “xyzzy” to it six times in a row and eventually it responded, “Have you played the Colossal cave adventure?”

EDIT: Cleverbot thinks playing Colossal Cave Adventure is “So bad for you.” What cheek!

That’s slightly closer to brazilian, and the literal translation (especially if it doesn’t have a question mark at the end) is “You do something.”

But then, who is…?

syzygy

I did the same thing and then it asked me what class I played. Talk about not getting it.

OK, here’s my latest try (entire conversation):

Bots today, I swear, no respect.

I admit I’m seeing some great responses here from the Cleverbot.

I am no Republican, but this conversation was hilarious:

At this point I kinda realised I’d bitten off more than I could chew.

I cannot understand how it got a 59.3% rating at a Turing test, it is atrocious.

Maybe the Turing day was its lucky day.

EDIT - Here, Danii, this one’s for you.

I am quietly amazed at how far we’ve come since Eliza. Random as it is, it’s actually possible to hold a short conversation - mostly - with this bot. And if we are willing to accept its change of subject and integrate it into our conversation - like we do with some people - then it becomes actually fun. A game, even. “How much sense can I make out of this before it breaks apart completely.”