IFDB Milestones

Two historical milestones of note:

1. Congratulations to Stefan Vogt for uploading the 13,000th game to IFDB: The Ghosts of Blackwood Manor

2. Fewer than 10 reviews are needed to reach an average of 1 review per game on IFDB. Amazing!

24 Likes

Wow, that’s pretty amazing!

6 Likes

I looked through the stats on the front page on the Internet Archive.

In its first capture in 2007 soon after its creation:

In April 2015, roughly halfway between its creation point and now:

Now:

At first I thought that the speed of game creation in the second half had kept about the same pace or slower than in the first half, but then I realized that I needed to subtract the games from the ‘initial dump’. So about 4300 games were added as listings in the first ‘half’ and about 5700 in the second ‘half’.

14 Likes

Impressive!

2 Likes

I believe that DeusIrae’s review of Honk was the one that officially brought the ratio of reviews to games to 1:1 for the first time. Since the number of games is a moving target, it is possible that it will happen more than once.

Special credit to mathbrush, who is responsible for almost a quarter (!) of all reviews on IFDB. Of course, everyone who’s ever posted a review helped to get to this point.

11 Likes

Oh, that’s a fun coincidence! But yes, we’re all standing on the shoulders of giants, except there’s just one giant and it’s @mathbrush :slight_smile:

9 Likes