IFComp Result Stream is over! Congrats to all entrants!

Rewatch the stream on Twitch!!

16 Likes

Woohoo! Morning…

9 Likes

Yup congratulations to everyone who took part. It was a really strong competition this year and you should all be very proud for having entered a game.

12 Likes

The average score seems high compared to last year, or at least feels that way! I’m sure someone will be along to crunch numbers with a spreadsheet shortly…

After reflecting on the public reviews, and seeing the calibre of the other entries, I knew I would be happy if I managed to finish in the top half. Placing 30th is better than I hoped.

Congratulations to all the entrants, and especially to our brilliant top 20!

16 Likes

Congratulations to everyone! Really nice award ceremony, really nice entries!

Bit disappointed with my place, but I’ll try to figure out what went wrong and will try to do better next year. Does anyone know when the results will be published to take a better look?

Again, many thanks and congratulations to everyone, both authors and organizers! See you next year!

13 Likes

They’re up now (see other thread). (Page is still a bit wonky, but good enough to see the numbers.)

7 Likes

A recording of the live stream is now up on YouTube.

Since I haven’t seen it mentioned on the forum yet: a big piece of news from the livestream is that, from 2024, all IFComp dates will shift a month earlier, so that it doesn’t clash so badly with Ectocomp.
(Since it’s not the 90s any more, so entrants are less likely to need to wait until they return to college to regain Internet access and submit their entries.)

11 Likes

The new dates will be also updated on the website soon! :wink:

6 Likes

Does that mean I have 30 fewer days to get my WIP for next year ready? :crazy_face:

Every minute counts…

9 Likes

It does! Better start crackin’!

I had the opposite effect this year, actually—I misread the intent-to-enter deadline as the submission deadline and was getting Stormrider ready for release a month early! It definitely benefitted from an extra month of testing.

8 Likes

Big congrats to the top 20 finishers–and everyone who managed to get a game in. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Sorry to hear that. It always made October special.

• That’s a disappointment
1 Like

The ceremony will still be in October :slight_smile:
and there’s still the EctoComp in October too!

4 Likes

For reasons too embarrassing to mention here, I was unfortunately late for the announcement on Sunday. Yesterday I watched the video of it and was so happy about all the congratulations!

I know I can hardly make up for it, but I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you: To everyone who helped with advice and support in making the game, to all the players and judges and to everyone who organized the IFComp!

19 Likes