IFComp ~ Last hours to vote!

Vote! Vote! Vote!

We’re only a few hours away before the Voting Period closes for good.
So don’t forget to fill in your ballot while there is still time!

Click here to open the vote ballot (if you’re already connected):
https://ifcomp.org/ballot/vote/

To see the deadline at your local time: 2023-11-16T04:59:00Z

18 Likes

An uncomfortable truth:

If you don’t vote, you will be dumped into a big vat of voter dye!

13 Likes

But do I have to bring a photo ID?

6 Likes

If you want your sticker, yes :stuck_out_tongue:

(this is a canva template)

6 Likes

The Americans require stickers in exchange for votes. It’s a point of constitutional law.

ETA: Sniped by Manon.

9 Likes

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, there will be NO STORMING OF ifcomp.org if your favorite does not win! Get outta here with that! Cast your ballot, congratulate the winner, and smooth transition of crown.

If you want to hold a press conference in front of an adult shop, that is of course your prerogative.

17 Likes

Are we permitted to hold a press conference in front of a landscaping company?

14 Likes

Only one ADJACENT to an adult shop.

Not my call, just the rules, apparently.

14 Likes

Are we allowed to storm IfcompOrg if Dick McButts doesn’t win the Golden Banana?

6 Likes

A complain box will be made available on f̶̲̺̜̣̭̠̪̫͚̝̩̞̖̈́̊̃͂̊̈́̈́̐͂̆̈́̿͒̃͠j̵̧͔̦̄̊̽̌͂̔͗̈͆͑̓͘ḵ̴̱̱͚̥̲͖̯̌̀͘̕͜ḁ̸̭̖̞̹̙̐͐͑͋͐̊̉̿̑̒̋͗͆͝j̴̢̱̬̚f̵̳͒̾͛̀͐̉̏͗̔̒̀͠b̵̹̦̹̋g̷̡̡̛̰̺͓̻̤͚̺̲̯̰̰̣̈́̉́̄̄̓͐͂͊͐͘͠e̶̓̓̔͆̓͝ͅk̸̫̞̼͔̬̿̈̈́̍̇b̴̮̠͚͖̣͓̼̖̗̣̩̗̈́̀͂̒͗̆͊̔̓̿̿͘͜͜͠͠j̷̠͈̟́̐̄̓͑̈́͝d̶̢̡̻͔̭̈́́̎́̈́̾̒̀̈́̔̐̕̕͝f̶̨̠͙̝̼͎̙̥̜̮̖͙̜͖͊̓̎͜ ̵̧̝̲̬̖̠͎̳̙̖̙̠̪̓͐͑̓̉̐̎̏͊͆̔͝ḃ̴̠ṃ̶̧̜͙͓̼̘͇̅́́̊̊̅̂̔͗́͊̿͐͝͝ for that purpose :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I could also see Milliways getting it! Polished in many ways but dedicated to old school randomness and cruelty.

6 Likes

That’s a valid point…

4 Likes

I worry too many people liked Dick McButts (I did my part by giving it a 1, which is maybe a little strategic voting on my part, but I did get the intentionally terrible version so I think that’s legit).

4 Likes

I gave it a 2 after getting the bad version, but couldn’t help giving it a better score after discovering the rest of the game. But perhaps I would be doing the game a favor to send my score back down before the timer’s up? Because I did get the bad game originally, after all…

EDIT: I just changed it. I expect that’s what the author wanted, after all, and 2 was my original score…

3 Likes

I’m not sure if I should be protesting or cheering you guys on. But… I did give it a 1 as well, so, who cares? :laughing:

4 Likes

And that’s a close for the IFComp!~

:clap:

Can’t wait to see the results!

8 Likes

I didn’t want to say it during the comp, but there was definitely potential for collaborations and vote-swapping. “I’ll give DMB a 1 if you give it a 10.”

This all would seem to violate the spirit of IFComp and fair voting in general and yet … if there’s one entry that deserves or rightfully encourages it, it’s DMB.

I have to admit, I wondered if some day someone would try deliberately for the Golden Banana (as opposed to discussing a lot of controversial topics, or being the equivalent of That Guy on the Bus who just starts talking loudly about political issues and annoys you whether you agreed with them,) and I feared such an effort would … well, nail down the “getting 1’s” part a lot better than the “getting 10’s” part.

It’s hard to envision something that could make a better try for the Banana than DMB, but if something does so half as well, I think I’ll enjoy the fallout.

After some reflection on whether or not the jokes had more than shock value, I decided they certainly did, and I gave it a 7. Maybe I should have given an 8. In all seriousness, the only thing that really dragged a bit after a while was the “you died” ending.

But maybe that was the author’s intent.

6 Likes

Have the “Bad Path” happen more often that the good one, instead of a 1/2 chance :wink:

4 Likes

Yah, same - I refrained from a one-man spirited campaign for Into the Lion’s Mouth for the same reason. Relative the prediction spreadsheet, contrasted to my own vote, that was a stronger candidate! Because you know, in a two vote world of ME and NOT ME, the spread is jinormous!

Related, I am a little sad the link at the end of my Lion review got so little traffic. The review is incomplete without it!

10 Likes