IFComp 2023 Judging and Voting

• October 1: The games are released to the public, and the judging period begins.
  • November 15: All votes must be submitted by the end of the day.
21 Likes

When posting about IFComp 2023, there are two tags to utilize:

ifcomp2023 - use this to tag general discussion about the Comp
ifcomp2023-game - use this tag if you are discussing and reviewing specific games so anyone who doesn’t yet wish to read details about games can avoid spoilers, or filter game discussion in and out of their feed and searches.

(To make the snazzy clickable tag link in a message body, precede the tag with #.)

20 Likes

Will authors be able to see their votes as the time goes by or only once it’s ended?

2 Likes

Only after the competition has ended. There’s a livestream to announce the top 20, and the whole ranking is available an hour or two after that.

7 Likes

When is the authors forum set up?

2 Likes
2 Likes

5 more days until the end of voting!!

1 Like

Just curious, are there any games in risk of not meeting the IFComp minimum threshold of 10 ratings? Could influence my priorities…

1 Like

I don’t think number of Comp votes is visible until after the results are tallied (and that might be misleading too, since I know many people wait until the very end, to play as many games as they can, before they finalize their ratings) but the numbers in the review spreadsheet are probably a reasonable proxy for which are getting the least plays - generally platform-specific parser games and download-only games, I think.

What’s the ten vote threshold you mention, though? Don’t think I’m familiar with that.

5 Likes

In the past a game needed at least 10 ratings to be ranked in IFComp. Probably to avoid e.g. a game with only 1 rating to get first place and such. I think at one point a german game did not get ranked due to too few ratings. However, in later years I think a game with 9 ratings got ranked so I think it is not a strict limit. And now that authors can vote too, it may be less likely to happen again.

2 Likes

Yeah, the review spreadsheet shows almost 10 reviews for each entry, and more people rate than review. I’d be surprised if any game didn’t get 10 ratings this year.

9 Likes

It’s just been announced!

14 Likes

Don’t forget the vote, yall!

The deadline is coming up tomorrow already!!

9 Likes