IFComp 2021 Reviews found in the wild

I figured it would be useful to have a thread to post IFComp reviews we find outside the forums.

Here’s a recorded twitch stream I found that played 4x4 Archipelago, A Papal Summons, and Aardvark vs the Hype. I haven’t watched the whole stream.

9 Likes

And a tweet (possibly eventually a thread) by Captain Person with a review:

3 Likes

Thanks for this, Mathbrush. That livestream made my IFComp already, and it’s only the second day!

2 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to listen to it yet, but the Short Game podcast just did an episode covering nine games:

Grandma Bethlinda’s Remarkable Egg
The Golden Heist
The daughter
A Papal Summons, or The Church Cat
Cyborg Arena
Enveloping Darkness
Smart Theory
Sting
My Gender Is a Fish

Sounds like there will be more installments to come!

4 Likes

They had some very nice things to say about you…

3 Likes

I’ve been pleasantly surprised to see the # of reviews on the spreadsheet jump substantially when I check every few hours (I admit, I cut and paste them to a file and compare them later.) With or without the finds in this topic.

And yeah, The Short Game dropping a whole bunch on us at once is a nice treat, though hardly unexpected. They’ve been very supportive of IFComp for the past several years, and I’ve appreciated their views whether they got to my entry or not. And yes, seeing “part 1” in the title podcast, along with a promise to review more in the blog notes, makes me happy.

2 Likes

Here are a few brief reviews/comments from T. L. Bodine’s blog:

1 Like

The Short Game released a second episode which covers six more games:

• Closure
  • Funicular Simulator 2021
  • we, the remainder
  • Taste of Fingers
  • Dr Horror’s House of Terror
  • And Then You Come to a House Not Unlike the Previous One
8 Likes

Third episode from The Short Game on IFComp

Games discussed are:

• What Heart Heard Of, Ghost Guessed
  • Fine Felines
  • A Paradox Between Worlds
  • You are SpamZapper 3.1
7 Likes

I haven’t listened to it yet, but it seems that the Twitch streamers from the first post above now also released an episode of their podcast where they talk about IF Comp games, especially 4x4 Archipelago, Aardvark vs. The Hype and The Last Night of Alexisgrad.

6 Likes