IFComp 2008?

So, who’s planning to enter a game in the annual IFComp this year? I’ve been thinking about it, but I’m still really really busy with work (and, now, with newborn twins).

Not I. My WIP is for the IF Art Show.

I wonder if we’ll see more games this year? Last year was pretty quiet. In fact, looking at the stats on IFWiki, it had the fewest games of any Comp since 1998, and the only Comp with fewer games than last year was the first one, in 1995! (1996, 1998 and 2007 are all tied on 27 games.)

I’m very tempted to, but I’m not sure I’ll have anything worth submitting by the deadline.

Not to mention that the TIGSource B-Game Competition will probably be running the month before…

Congratulations Merk [emote]:)[/emote]

Rather than IF I’ve been sucked into graphical game programming lately (by TIGSource, in fact). Pacian seems to do a good job of combining the two endeavors though.

Thanks!

Well, I’ve decided to enter, tentatively. We’ll see how it goes. I usually rush to finish something in the last couple of months, so maybe if I start now, I won’t be quite as rushed as usual. It just depends on how well I can manage work and family in addition to writing a game over the next few weeks.

Good luck! I’ll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with…

And congrats on the twins as well!

My (belated) congrats on the twins, Merk!

I’d be really glad to see your entry in IF-Comp 2008, but one has to be a realist: the children, of course, are much more important. Don’t want to sound too pessimistic, but I guess you’ll be quite busy for at least the next couple of years or so;).

I’ve had it only half as hard as you are going to;), and I have (what I think is) the worst period behind me, but there is another catch now: my daughter is competing against her elders for the computer!:wink:

Having done nothing on my entry since my last post, I may not be ready this year after all.

The twins (boy and girl - not sure I mentioned it) are starting to sleep more at night. We have another daughter too (almost 3 years old now), and it was about three months when she started sleeping at night. They get up once or twice each, but at least we’re not having to take shifts staying awake around the clock just so the other can get a good stretch of sleep.

And now, Metal Gear Solid 4 is about to start competing for my free time. My game idea is a little too involved to rush together in the last couple of months, so this may turn into a Spring Thing entry or an IFComp 2009 entry.

Perhaps an IF for 4 and under? [emote]:)[/emote].

I think planning games for Spring Thing is quite a good idea actually. Who here wants to do a game for Spring Thing oath?
[size=150]
“I solemnly swear that I will enter a game for Spring Thing 2009, barring acts of God, misdirection, calumnity, or indigestion.”
[/size]

Signed:

George

Congrats on the twins, too!
No big competition for me for now… It’s all just a mess, really, and there’s also work. [emote];)[/emote]