IF works set in all fifty states: scavenger hunt?

Do it anyway! That’s one of the problems with wikis – people who could contribute wrongly not feeling expert (or impartial) enough :slight_smile:

The “style guides” can be quite daunting, e.g. asking for things to be written like:

We’re hoping to simplify this sort of thing over the weeks and months. In the meantime, you could just add the title of a game under the right heading, and wait for someone else to change how it’s written.

Edit: I didn’t mean “people who could contribute wrongly” but I’d rather laugh at my sentence than correct it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Still playing through a bunch of stuff, but only a few have ended up specifying a state. Lotta sci-fi and fantasy and stuff in unspecified locations or other worlds, wordplay games, stuff outside the U.S., and more than a few on the moon. I did find a Twine entry for Texas, though: Will Not Let Me Go, by Stephen Granade.

That would mean both the parser and choice-based games for Texas on this list are about dementia. Weird coincidence… or is something going on in Texas that’s making people lose their minds? (Okay, okay… I get that’s probably something I shouldn’t joke about…)

5 Likes

I was curious about the stats, and quick Googling shows Texas has a lower percentage-of-population than other states. Report: Texas has 3rd lowest 65-plus population has a graph of this. I thought Texas would have a higher percentage, like Florida, since they have similar climates. But then again, it just has a big population, period.

2 Likes

It’s set in Dystopian Cyberpunk Future Reno, which is almost as bad as Current Reno.

That’s a little unfair to Reno. Despite being born there I never really grew to love it, but it’s not, like, terrible - though I haven’t visited in, like, a long time so who knows what’s happened to it since.

4 Likes

I’m reminded of the poem “I remember, I remember” by Philip Larkin here: I Remember, I Remember by Philip Larkin

1 Like

I’m currently playing some obscure games written with Adventure Master. One of the sample games is ‘Becca in Outlaw Cave’ by Jean Craighead George. This is set in Kentucky.