IF Name Generator updated

Yeah, it generates mostly just nonsense. Some good bits here and there but not as often as with the names.

Partly I think this is because so many more names can be generated at a time; most of the names aren’t awesome either, but you can produce enough of them that each batch will have some awesome ones.

This one is kind of awesome.

I must admit, I’m quite curious where most of the lines for the reviews come from.

1 Like

I would definitely play Exorcism Macrocosm.

Also, damn you, Juhana, I’d sworn I wouldn’t do another speedIF until I had updated Orphanorium and finished up the Undum thing.

She’s Got a Thing for a Plant
Well okay.

Hunter, in Find Yourself in a Room.
Not his best movie.

Stone The Video Bar!
They showed a video that insulted the Prophet!

Sinking Ivory Castle
It burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp.

Inform Dr. Watson
Holmes is dead.

Don’t Gaffe
Don’t do it, Joe. Just don’t do it.

Svein ‘Lagartija’ Suicide
That guy over there is Svein Suicide, but you probably know him by his nickname.

Business As Found (Beta)
Readymades are the new craze in management land.

Cloak of Choice
You could wear it. Or not. And that is just the beginning.

Kids, don’t eat your Halloween candy without having your parents inspect it first because there are SICKOS out there who will put RAZOR BLADES in it and you will CUT YOUR MOUTH and GET A Sleeping Princess
Which might, all things considered, be worth it.

Undo Beauty
We decided that the world is ugly and bad, but sometimes it needs a little help.

Revenge Prometheus
That eagle had better watch out.

Frozen Under the Window
Better known as The Little Match Girl. It’s not a sad story; she had the freedom to become rich, but just couldn’t live up to the responsibility this entails. Never burn away your startup capital, kids!

Yet Another Damn Hammurabi
After the emperor and the hobbit, another one?

The Six-Foot-Tall Communist Alien Jerks
Don’t worry. Bill O’Reilly is taller, and he’ll kick their pink asses.

Lethe Flow Robbery
“So you can’t remember where you were on the night of the robbery? That’s not a very good alibi, let me tell you that.”

Hey, Trap
Though the party thief had long hair and smoked way too much weed, he still came in useful now and then.

Germany Awakening
As a Dutchman, let me tell you that we prefer it asleep.

1 Like

Lord Bellwater’s Fiction

Impressive retcon in which all the characters of the original turn out to have been imagined by Lord Bellwater, who is confined to an asylum for insane authors. Or is he?

Downtown Asteroid

Wacky space-opera noir. It is never made clear how an asteroid can be “downtown” of a space station.

Castle of the Ants

Maintains throughout a careful ambiguity about whether the player is himself an ant, and about whether the ants are very big or the castle is very small.

Flexible Fortune - Private Investigator

Story of a 1940s carnival contortionist embarking on a new career. While solving her first case, Fortune is able to apply her contortionist skills in many unlikely ways. So many, in fact, that the game loses all credibility.

TAXES of Hollow Mountain

Heavy-handed libertarian propaganda piece in which a utopian society of laissez-faire dwarves is threatened by tax-collecting statist goblins. There are MANY UPPER CASE WORDS, apparently because the author couldn’t work out how to use bold text.

East of London

Surprisingly eloquent exploration of Essex nightlife, summed up by its epigraph:

Drive me somewhere East of London
Where the best is like the worst
Where there ain’t no Ten Commandments
And a lad can raise a thirst.

Dining With the Vampire Bunnies

Eat them before they eat you.

1 Like

The Maze in a Small Room
Crosssover between the popular maze and room-escape genres. If you think the gameplay is wretched, it’s nothing compared to the generational comedy between the 80s adventurer and his 00s counterpart.

The Sewers Questionable Substitute
It’s a bucket. You throw it out of the window into a ditch. It’s a back-to-nature thing, okay? Humans didn’t evolve to shit in a pipe.

Waxworks of the Trolls
One of the less popular sideshows. Half the visitors don’t even know what a Reddit is.

Madam Fifi’s Whorehouse contra G. Bush
What if the US presidential candidates really were the other side’s worst nightmare?

Agency Myth
Free will is a hallucination. You are no more than the mechanical product of your psychosocial history. To simulate this, I have implemented a CYOA in which you are only ever given one option. Of course you’ll write a dismissive review afterwards.

Anal Cramming
The one game where you’ll be grateful for an inventory limit.

1 Like

Katana Gardening
Mowing the lawn just wasn’t cutting it.

Rivkin Stegosaur’s Night Out
The tale of a time-traveling dinosaur who just wants to party.

Mite Leader
Picture a microscopic T. E. Lawrence.

Quest Dreams 2: Forfeit Fantasy
I think the generator is going meta.

The Initial Behavior
The author never learned how to customize the default objects.

And I think I’d like to play this one:

1 Like
1 Like

Some of the ones I found would have some funny elements:

Sherlock Holmes: Door
“It seemed to me that a careful examination of the hinges and the wood might possibly reveal some traces of this mysterious individual. You know my methods, Watson.”

Alien Packrat
Hoarders: Episode #2005 - “Alien Packrat”
Upon visiting the Qua’ardar Galaxy, host Sally Watts met Mr. Quaa-d’mgir, a notorious galaxy-wide hoarder. He is known for keeping space dust under his personal jetpack and even a few meteors stacked in his abortorium.

Jack in Space
Jack and Jill, went up the Hill,
to get a-board a space-ship
Jack tossed Jill, and blasted off,
And Jill just Got a burnt lip…
Up Jack flew, and space did view,
as fast as he could eye-ball,
from rock to rock, till he did dock,
but then he died on free-fall.

Operation Milk Coffee
The one thing you want is a coffee. You need it to survive. Is that really asking too much? I guess it is.

1 Like

This one makes me think of this.

Augustine and Me With No Beer
“Dude, you totally popped a boner in church.”
“Shut up. Did you get the stuff?”
“No, my ID started peeling at the edges. I swiped some rum from my dad’s cabinet, though.”
“Aww, that stuff tastes like the devil’s ass. How are we going to score any chicks with that?”
“Fuck off, church-boner.”

House the Navy
Nobody ever considered the Third Amendment all that controversial… UNTIL NOW.

Gumshoe Trollslayer
On the mean streets of near-future Seattle, one man must elude the megacorp thugs who are after him for violating Shadowrun copyright.

1 Like

Distress That Fish
The fish are back, and looking for revenge!

Spacestation Manor
The logical evolution of steampunk - spaace!

Or maybe it’s better described as “Babylon 5 meets Downton Abbey.”

Castle Underground Crypt
An archeology expedition takes an unexpected turn when they discover an unusual castle with a terrible secret.

1 Like

Escape from Death
Temporarily.

Murder the Cult
They’re evil. Really. They’re a cult. Look, you’ll get bonus XP if you just shut up and do what you’re told.

Medusa Series Premiere: Missed by a hair - but not forgotten!
In the case of Medusa, being missed by a hair is actually a big thing.

Assault on Quest
Graham Nelson and Campbell Wild join forces against the competition!

Brian and the Books
It turns out to be a cheap rip-off of The Neverending Story.

Personalized Adventure Game Murderer
Because you wouldn’t want to be killed by a generic adventure game murderer!

Journey to Alpha Centauri 5
Truly the game least likely to spawn four sequels.

The Trouble with Spam
Yeah, what is the trouble with spam?

Blow Job Wish
Don’t say it out loud, or it won’t come true.

Divine Prologue to the Saturn Chronicles
It’s like the Prologue in Heaven, except that God actually wrote it. He explains why those rings seemed like a good idea at the time.

Stiffy Makane: The Undiscovered School
Undiscovered by perverts, that is. Until now.

Undo Schooldays
It’s no use. You’ll make all the same mistakes again.

Undo Schooldays (alternate version)
And let’s hope that this time it will stay undiscovered.

Lists and Lycanthropy
The harrowing story of a young woman who turns into a LISP programmer at every full moon!

Dinner with My Stomach
I like to have my stomach present when I eat.

2 Likes

Pirate of Nazareth
They were in for a big surprise when they made him walk the plank!

Silk Arthur
But don’t worry – his sword is hard as steel.

Genocide Hot Dog
Much smarter than genociding @.

Journey to Alpha Centauri (In Real Spaceship!
Seriously, it’s not made of cardboard! You totally won’t die!)

Halloween Sisyphus
One day of the year, he’s allowed to roll a huge pumpkin.

The Taxman Cheater
A riveting story about tax evasion!

Brian and the Dishonest Backyard
It’s been lying there all the time.

Suspended Annabel?
Not from school. From the rafters. The mask makes it hard to be certain of her identity, but then again, who cares?

The Art of the Crystal Wand
You can’t just stick it in there and hope it’ll do its magic, you know.

Curse of the Infinite Beauty
It may sound like a blessing, but you don’t know what it does to the men.

1 Like

lol. I love the church/beer one maga!

Heads will roll?

There’s always room for a “kill everything” game

Title says it all

We’re off to win the lottery, the Wonderful Lottery of IF…

I is, I is! Happily, platforms did done helped me out :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

The subtitle/heading under review being “Dark Incontinence”. WT? lol…

A game about the seriousness of eating heathily…

What happens when Inform fights back?

1 Like

Project of the Gods
Sandbox. As committee chair of the Human Development Project, you must assign your fellow deities to subcommittees tasked with whiteboarding the various aspects of human nature. Hilarious tragedy almost invariably ensues (e.g. Loki gets assigned to Moral Conscience, Tezcatlipoca to Creativity, Mantis to Sexuality and Reproduction).

Eamon Afterlife
They say that if you lived a virtuous and productive IF life, when you die you go to the City of Secrets or perhaps the Dreamhold. You, on the other hand, go to Eamon.

Under Cover Witch
On the cover image, a tall, pale woman with improbably long black hair is looking over her shoulder as she strides away down a seedy alley, with an ominous cityscape in the background. She has a trenchcoat and really cool boots. One hand brandishes an enchanted .44 Sig; the other swirls with mystical (i.e. cyan) energy. A faithful wolf lopes at her side. This tells you everything you need to know about the rest of the game.

Blow Sherlock Holmes
Caters to a very specific audience.

Aunts of Mystery Adventure
Who are the Aunts of Mystery? Why did your parents claim to be only children? What are these strangely-shaped birthday presents, and how do you unwrap them?

Genocide Sam Mission 2
Genocide Sam is even worse than Genocide @.

1 Like

maga, I almost thought you said the Human Instrumentality Project, which would’ve worked with the game title too!