IF 7 update issues?

I have a rule that has been working fine for months, but suddenly, this code gave an error:

[This rule gives more interesting responses when a noun cannot be found for Examine command.] 
Rule for a parser error when the latest parser error is the can't see any such thing error:
	say "[one of]There is nothing useful or interesting about that.[or]The what?![or]Where? I don't see that here.[at random]".

I added the ‘at random’ options, but my error is always the Rule phrasing, regardless of what the say clause says. I get the following error:
You wrote 'Rule for a parser error when the latest parser error is the can't see any such thing error' [![](blob:https://intfiction.org/a7c81405-e5d5-44b8-956d-e10bed809f58)](source:story.ni#line49): but the punctuation here ':' makes me think this should be a definition of a phrase and it doesn't begin as it should...
Any help?

You’re just missing a “printing” in there. It should be Rule for printing a parser error ..., not Rule for a parser error ....

3 Likes

Yep, that worked. I don’t know how that word got changed. I wasn’t fiddling with that section of code. Thanks much.

1 Like