Icons and images missing in Windows IDE Errors and Index tab

I just installed Inform 7 under Windows 8, 64-bit. It is working fine except that all of the icons and imagaes are missing on the Errors tab and Index tab. The Documentation tab, however, looks fine. I have tried installing in the default director (c:\Program Files (x86)\Inform 7) as well as in my user directory, and I get the same results both places. Any ideas? I would like to demonstrate Inform to my computer science students, but I would like it to look nicer.

There have been a few reports of problems like this (e.g. World Index images broken in Inform 7) but no-one’s ever responded to follow-up questions to track this down.

As far as I can make out, this may occur if the project has been saved to a network drive, and IE’s security permissions have been changed so that it won’t, by default, display images from web pages loaded from the network drive. Do you know where the project was saved? Could it be on a networked drive?

Oh, and there was also a report of a problem caused by having Apple Quicktime installed: No images in the Win IDE itself

I did have it saved on a network drive so that I could access it in my classroom. When I moved it to a local drive, everything worked fine. Thank you so much for the quick and effective help!

Glad to hear that worked. Of course, it would be better if I could figure out why it sometimes doesn’t work on a network drive, and if there’s anything I can do about it. I will see if I can find a way to reproduce the problem here.