Hi! I’m taking a second look at some source code I resurrected from four years ago.
I had originally used Stephen Granade’s “Extended Banner” extension (which doesn’t work after Version 6G60), but decided to try hacking a rule to replicate that extension’s behavior. I’ve searched the documentation trying to find out how to print the Serial Number and the Version Number, to no avail.
Here’s the source code so far:
[code]Rule for printing the banner text:
say "[bold type][story title][roman type][line break]…
Release [release number] / Serial number [story serial number] / Inform 7 build [I7 version number]" instead.[/code]
The “release number” value works just fine, but what can I substitute for the “story serial number” and “I7 version number” values so they appear normally, like this?
Release 0 / Serial number 161106 / Inform 7 build 6M62 (I6/v6.33 lib 6/12N) SD
Any help pointing me in a specific direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Stephen’s extension contains code to print these items. You’ll have to copy that code over. There’s two parts: the “Include (- … -)” blocks at the beginning, and the “To say …” substitutions that follow.
At a glance, they should work in modern I7, but I haven’t tested that. Might need minor rewording.
Thanks for the pointers. I went back and included the extension, with the rule below:
Rule for printing the banner text:
say "[bold type][story title][roman type][line break][extended story headline][if story author is not blank] by [story author][end if][line break][line break]Release [release number] / Serial number [story serial number] / Inform 7 build [I7 version number][line break][line break]" instead.
…and got the message “[** Programming error: tried to print (string) on something not a string **]”
So then I thought, “Let’s delete the variables one at a time.” I removed the word “extended” from the “[extended story headline]” value, and now the rule works correctly.
This quirk may have derailed me when I upgraded from 6G60 to 6L02.