I7 - GLIMMR - scenic window issues

With version 2.0 of Hallow Eve done, I have come back to my interactive dreaming project which utilizes Erik Temple’s Glimmr tools. Last night I found something I don’t understand. Basically, I’m trying to have some elements in my scenic window graphic change when things happen in the game. In this example, I have 2 images. One is a garage with a bucket visible, one is an empty garage. When the player takes the bucket (removing it from the Garage room) I want the scenic window to display the empty garage.

This works (specifying on one scenic window image):

[code]Garage is a room. Garage is north of House. The description of Garage is “Blah blah old greasy garage.”.

The blue bucket is a container. There is blue bucket in Garage. The description of blue bucket is “An ordinary blue plastic blue bucket.”

Check looking in Garage:
Now the image-ID of the scenery-container is Figure of GaragePic1;
[/code]

This does not (trying to check for 1 of 2):

[code]Garage is a room. Garage is north of House. The description of Garage is “Blah blah old greasy garage.”.

The blue bucket is a container. There is blue bucket in Garage. The description of blue bucket is “An ordinary blue plastic blue bucket.”

Check looking in Garage:
if the blue bucket is in Garage begin;
now the image-ID of the scenery-container is Figure of GaragePic1;
else if the blue bucket is not in Garage;
now the image-ID of the scenery-container is Figure of GaragePic2;
end if;
[/code]

Any idea as to why this is? Can I just not use a ‘check’ in this fashion? Is there some other way to go about this for the desired effect? I’m having no problem changing the image-ID when moving from room to room, or even after carrying out an action. However, in this case I can’t just use “carry out taking the blue bucket… now image-ID is garagePic2” because it will revert back to GaragePic1 whenever the player 'look’s again. Thanks in advance for any help. I’m still having a lot of fun playing with these tools.

EDIT: Fixed code per Erik’s post below.

Your if and your else if are both testing the same condition.

–Erik

Haha! Copy+paste got me in trouble (or maybe the Budweiser last night). Wow… that’s weird. I would think me doing something like that should have produced a compile error instead of just keeping the last image-ID from the scenic window.

OK, changed the code to the edit above. All is working nicely now. Thanks! Hope this helps someone else.

EDIT: Note this code does require you to actually drop the bucket in another room. I’ll have to change things a bit to make it disappear when you just take it.

Also, you have Erik Temple and Eric Eve mixed up a bit.

OK, I’ll just go sit in the corner now while you all laugh. :blush:

Heh, edited. Sorry about that Erik.