I need a map for my text adventure MUD for discord

Greetings everyone! I’m managing a club on discord with my friends, and I’m relatively new to the site. Is anyone interested in using trizbort to create a map for me? I will be making a multiplayer text adventure, and there will need to be a map of a large fantasy region full of towns, landmarks, castles, etc. The plan is simple enough, just keep in mind that it’s a dark fantasy. Tell me if you are interested! :blush:

2 Likes

Just informationally, Trizbort is ridiculously easy and I’m almost thinking it would be more difficult to communicate your map verbally to a person than it would to just throw it into Trizbort yourself. Not trying to quash collaboration, but the joy of Trizbort is making it just perfectly so the way you want it.

7 Likes

Yeah, I get it. But for some reason it feels tricky for me, it sounds easy enough but I hate doing it. Like, how would I know what specific objects to put in certain buildings, like a school? I don’t know, maybe I’m just making it harder than it needs to be or mapping just isn’t my thing? It’s hard to think out of the box sometimes, since my brain gets pretty foggy. (I’d also like to mention that I have no time nor patience to complete things. Procrastination / low motivation maybe?)

It sounds like you’re actually after someone to design your game for you… not just make a map?

2 Likes

Yeah, pretty much, but I think I’ve realized how much rooms I have to make for my MUD, and it’s like so many rooms. I heard that the average amount of rooms for a MUD is like, a thousand rooms or so. I guess maybe trizbort isn’t exactly the best thing to use for MUDs, if I want someone to collaborate with me.

Most of the MUDs I used to play grew organically over time. I’d recommend starting small with a few areas and building up your world gradually. I think the best MUDs grow from the involvement of the actual player base… regular players being trained and recruited to become the wizards that help shape the land. A strong theme helps, I think.

2 Likes

If it really is a map you want, you might ask for help on the Cartographers Guild forum. There are lots of amateur and professional map makers there.

3 Likes