I recently made a tool that helps you automatically find bugs in SugarCube games. Someone suggested I should share it here also.
What does this tool do?
- It detects all widgets and macros in your game
- shows an error when you
- shows an error if you have a macro or widget that should be closed but wasn’t, or vise versa
- shows an error if you have widgets in a passage that doesn’t have a widget tag
- validates your if structures and shows errors if you’re missing opening or closing tags, or if for example an elseif comes after an else
- Shows errors if there isnt the same number of
>>in a passage
- Shows warnings for uneven numbers of double-quotes in a passage
- shows warnings for deprecated syntax
Find it here:
Did this help? Do you have suggestions? Did you find any bugs in this tool? Please let me know.