I can't run sugarcube 2.3.3 in windows 7

Hi everyone! I have been trying to get images to display for days now in Twine 2.3.3.
I keep getting an error message: No valid storage adapters found. Has anyone come across this?
I love Twine, but if I can’t display images, it is of no use to me. I try to display images in Harlowe 3 but it won’t display the images. Thank you for your help.

What is your default browser? You may need to go into your browser settings and enable local storage (usually in the same area as enabling cookies). It could also be that your browser’s local storage is full, so you may need to clean up your “file://” storage (which will cause you to lose your saves).

Also, you can do a separate install of Twine v2.2.1 (currently the most stable version), though you’ll have to install any updated story formats into it separately.

Displaying images is a separate problem. If you’re playing your game from within Twine, then you’ll need to use an absolute path (as opposed to a relative path) to your image files. An “absolute path” includes the full path to the files, whereas a “relative path” is the path to the files relative to where the HTML file is. For your release version you’ll want to use a relative path, though. I know a trick to make that easier in SugarCube, but I’m not that familiar with Harlowe.

Anyways, hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Oh thank you for your kind reply and for the help. I will try this tomorrow and see if it helps. Thank you again.

1 Like

That error message means exactly one thing: 3rd-party cookies are currently disabled—for whatever reason.

Most story formats use the Web Storage APIs for various needs. Unfortunately, all browsers gate access to Web Storage via the same controls that handle 3rd-party cookies, so disabling the latter also disables the former.

What this means for you is that either your browser has 3rd-party cookies disabled, in general or for the specific origin you’re using, or you’re attempting to run the game in a private browsing mode.

It could also be that your browser’s local storage is full, so you may need to clean up your “file://” storage (which will cause you to lose your saves).

While that can be an issue, it would come up as a different error.

1 Like

Thank you so much Mad Exile for your response. I will see if I can’t fix that issue right now. I surely do appreciate you taking your time to try and help me.