Okay, continuing the theme of “My habits and behaviors come from gamedev”, here’s a quick notice of patch notes.
New version is
0.9.1. You can check what version you have downloaded (if you are not playing online) by selecting a difficulty and passing the prologue. The version number will be under the title of the game, once you begin your first turn.
The old version was
0.9. Again, you’re looking for
0.9.1 now. @mathbrush has updated everything on the SpringThing site, so this is mostly a concern if you’ve downloaded the game for local play before the patch went live.
Patch notes include:
- Spelling corrections
- Some grammar corrections
- Not all grammar bugs are patched; some of them require me to program a new subsystem to display correctly; still working on that
- Severe soft-lock bug concerning metal shelves and weapon racks in the same room
- Severe AI paralysis bug when you use evasion methods
- Game crash bug in a few parkour edge cases
- Weird behavior when large objects were visible in other rooms has been fixed
And that’s about it. Still working on some lingering grammar bugs, but the remaining ones are more deeply-buried.
Hope everyone is enjoying the competition! Seeing what people have been working on has been amazing!