How to Use Values as a measure of time.

I’m working on a project in which the player must decide when to go to sleep for the day, thereby moving the plot forward. So far, I have days set up into individual scenes as such: Day One is a scene. Day Two is a scene. Day Two begins when Day One ends. What I’m trying to do is set up some kind of numerical indicator so that when the player chooses to sleep I can have something to the effect of:

Instead of sleeping: if the player is in the barracks: say "you go to sleep etc." Now Day is 2.

Of course this code doesn’t work but what I’m attempting to do is something to this effect where I can assign a varying numerical value to a letter such as T or a word like Day that will change each time the player sleeps but so far I can’t find anything to specifically address this in the handbook.

If anyone can help I’d be grateful!

You’ll need to make a number-that-varies: The current day is a number that varies. The current day is 1. and then in your sleep rule you can increment the current day;

I’m afraid you don’t get much value out of having the scenes. “during day one” is just another way of saying “when the current day is 1” except for needing all the scaffolding: Day One ends when the current day is not 1. Day Two begins when Day One ends. … Day Two ends when the current day is not 2. Day Three begins when Day Two ends. … and so on.

Thanks for the help! It works like a charm and I decided to keep the scene format just to help organize my thoughts :slight_smile: